Baby back ribs - $2.99/lb at Ingles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Usually when a grocer around here advertises babybacks, they're really loinbacks, so I was surprised when I went into Ingles today to get some of their $2.99/# special and they all weighed between 1.7 and 2.1 lbs. I could not find that they are injected with anything. They are Carolina Pride which I've never had before but bought a dozen to try. If you have an Ingles around, might want to check them out

Thanks for the heads up there Big Dude. I dont think I ever seen an Ingles around here but will be sure to check out some other stores to see if it might be a trend. I aint seen 2.99 baby backs since back when Moby Dick was still just a minner. Heck they mighta been loin backs too come to thunk on it. I didn't know the difference back in them days so guess it wouldn't have made much of an impact either way :shock: :LOL:

bigwheel

Well according to my old Albertsons butcher pal you is eggxactly right as they is the same thing..only difference is baby backs come off cute little baby pigs and loin backs come off the mo growed up of the species. Sorta like the difference twixt a fryer and roaster in the old time parlance when speaking of the world of barnyard avians. Course nowadays the fryers and roasters are the same age. They just snatch out the big ones and pass them off as roasters. That always got old Joe Ames riled up cuz he claim a "real roaster" taste mo chickeny than a fake roaster or big fryer.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom