Applewood Smoked Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
My wife's women's organization, The Daughters of Isabella is having a fund raiser next weekend so I thought I do a little something to help them out. I got up early this morning and put two pork butts(over 21 lbs)in the Keg to smoke. Now when I got up and got things going it was sunny and nice. Well, that changed not long after I put the butts on. The wind picked up and the very dark clouds rolled in from the north. This started to create a little problem with keeping the temperature stable. I got it to stay right at 250* for most of the time I had it on the Keg but later after taking the turkey off the Traeger I switched it and since I was using apple wood for smoke on the Keg I had apple wood pellets I used to continue the cook. The reason for the switch was the temp started to climb with the breeze blowing in through the patio.
Almost ready to come off.
img_258474_0_0ab98515a4cf683862ca9688fd640e26.jpg

As I was taking them off the grill the were so tender they fell apart.
img_258474_1_fd80ab5ecb44922e92e6d7ab9ec22e7a.jpg

After cooling a bit I pulled it. Of course I had to taste it and this is some good pork. The bark is really tasty!
img_258474_2_6a3b652dad1509251c620fa041a1b813.jpg

Into the freezer it went for next weekend.​

I love apple wood, give the meat that dark mahogany color, and adds a simple sweetness to the meat. Looks great by the way T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom