Apple Wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Here in pecan and hickory country, it is a rare and very special opportunity to get a cut up apple tree. I now have a cherry tree and an apple tree to add to a stack of pecan that would be 10' wide and 10' high if it was all stacked in the same place.

I need a stick burner real bad because I have enough wood to last two lifet times using a wsm or uds.

img_182093_0_5bdbd64c809abea2f68290d64d0c0869.jpg

That apple wood is too good to waste it on heating up the atmosphere in a stick burner. I would keep it high and dry and cut off some wafers with the chain saw to feed the WSM or UDS. Wasted a big batch of large diameter plum wood like that one time..kick kick. Smelt good at the time but wished I still had some. Sides Algore be hot if he hears about somebody adding to the phony global warming crisis. Liable to get Nancy Pelosi to send the Ninja Turtles after ya:)

bigwheel

Cliff H. said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":25ylqlb1]I can hook you up with Jamie Geer at Little Rock. :D

You reckon he has a high mileage program pit ? :D[/quote:25ylqlb1]

Don't think he has one of those Cliff! Most of his pits are low mileage pits used only on Fridays and Saturdays by big old men! :LOL:

Apple is all I burn at comps. Oak and maple for catering pig cooks. The pig don't know.

If you don't have access to a splitter, you better get going on it NOW!!!! It will be next to impossible to split later. It may be difficult now. Toughest wood there is to split, cept for maybe mesquite.

Thats why you cut it into the wafers..so it don't need splittin. If you want to feed it to an offset you just feed it big wafers. Real similar to slicing baloney. You can slice it tic or tin..to paraphrase my old pal Justeen. Now this do not count the stuff you can stuff in there without needing to do this. Si si? :LOL:

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom