Anyone own a Primo Smoker/Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is there a reason you are going with primo over Kamado and BGE? I've had a kamado for 4 years...LOVE IT!!! Holds temp for hours!!

They are having sales right now...check them out www.kamado.com

Captain Morgan said:
Bill, you thinking about going ceramic?

Yeah, he thinks now he has to get a ceramic cooker to match all the ceramic tiles in his new bathroom! 8-[

Well, its like this. I love Petunia. For competitions, she is great. For large catering jobs, she is great. However, I am considering a ceramic for home use.

My wife has been aproaced by her Distributors to put them in her store. I have an opertunity to do some DEMO's for both the store and Primo [-o< . SO, yeah I am considering going ceramic.

wow! Maybe you could get a Minion deal where they give you 3 of em
demontrate on! (Remember your old buddy down here on coast, pal o mine!)

Next thing you know, he'll be installing track lighting in the house and wearing them funny golf shirts with the little alligator on the front, and we'll have to call him William. :eek:

Bruce B said:
Next thing you know, he'll be installing track lighting in the house and wearing them funny golf shirts with the little alligator on the front, and we'll have to call him William. :eek:

And the hat with the light on it! :eek:

Primo Kamado

I do own one. Got fed up with my ECB one day and went on a mission to replace it. Works great with lump. Capacity is limited. Say one 12lb briskett or shoulder. I've fit 2 full spares with a weber grill rack. I've used it in temps around 0 with high winds and it holds it temp well. Usually can go 6 - 7 hours before having to add fuel.

The temp gauge can be calibrated to adjust for altitude.

It is a heavy unit, and the firebox isn't too transportion friendly. Customer service is on the sucky side, they don't return calls untill the third or fourth attempt.

I bought the Primo over the BGE cause the Primo was available locally and I would have had to order a BGE.

For smoking it will hold at 240 - 250 easily. I've gotten it up to 575 for grilling though I usually use the Sunshine (from downunder) gasser for chops and steaks.

The top chimney, if goey with smoke-crud can be a bitch to get open when the outdoor temps are below freezing.
Dave on a mountain in Colorado

Dave,

Is there a larger pic somewhere that shows the table setup holding your Primo? If not, would you mind posting one? That sure does look nice!

Bill

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bruce B":w1y6w3kz]Next thing you know, he'll be installing track lighting in the house and wearing them funny golf shirts with the little alligator on the front, and we'll have to call him William. :eek:

And the hat with the light on it! :eek:[/quote:w1y6w3kz]

:lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry:

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":24owmdfp][quote="Bruce B":24owmdfp]Next thing you know, he'll be installing track lighting in the house and wearing them funny golf shirts with the little alligator on the front, and we'll have to call him William. :eek:

And the hat with the light on it! :eek:[/quote:24owmdfp]

:lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry:[/quote:24owmdfp]

Thank you Gary, I'm glad someone remembered the hat light!

Back
Top Bottom