anyone brine your ribs before smoking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Never brined ribs before...Glad to have you aboard!! :!: =D>

May I be the first to whip out the :pop: icon for this one...perhaps premature but...

Welcome...no one's making fun of you...we've have some recent "disagreements" over the merits of brining, and the popcorn merely indicates folks are ready to watch a big "discussion."

Not to worry. :D

We don't brine our ribs and you need a bib to eat our ribs! They come out juicy every time to perfection. It's hard getting the pop up timer to work in ribs, but we get them to work perfect everytime too!! We put the ribs on nekkid just with S&P and they're perfect, everytime. Did I mention it's not necessary to brine turkeys?? :night:

Actually, I've got a stainless Brinkmann SmokeNGrill! I didn't realize that I could've got a WSM for the same $$ . The stainless is the worst piece of junk I ever saw! Live and learn! Hope you've got a better one!

Hoss

I think your pit has character. I envy you guys with the stick burners. There are no hardwoods available in Alaska, only spruce, birch, aspin, or cottonwood. I doubt if any of these would work. Oh well it's a small sacrifice to pay for living here. Plus wild salmon out the ying yang.

Griff

E55er said:
Larry Wolfe said:
We don't brine our ribs and you need a bib to eat our ribs! They come out juicy every time to perfection. It's hard getting the pop up timer to work in ribs, but we get them to work perfect everytime too!! We put the ribs on nekkid just with S&P and they're perfect, everytime. Did I mention it's not necessary to brine turkeys?? :night:

larry, if you ever had a brined turkey you'd never go back.

ps. im a cowboys fan too. HOW BOUT' THEM COWBOYS!!!

E55,
There's really no reason to brine turkeys as they are already brined/enhanced. We do tons of them every holiday and they come out absolutely perfect every single time. Once the pop ups pop up, they're done!! One was so juicy we needed to wear a full rain suit just to eat it! Brining is a waste of time. :dunno:

Cowboys Schmowboys! I hate the Cowboys!!

Bryan S said:
[quote="Hoss's BBQ":2wn3bmb2]
E55er said:
ha ha, i get it. i committed the first sin on my first post and forgot to search the forum. i found all the info i need. you may now cease to make fun at my expense.

also saw the post on a "yuppie smoker" and saw a comment, maybe from one of you that said "buid it in stainless and they will buy it." call me guilty, mine's stainless but works perfect. permission to make fun!!!
I like Stainless A lot also! :grin:

Hoss, Did you have a moment and beat the living Hell out of your smoker or am i seeing things? Because it looks like somebody put an Ass whoopin on your pit. :eek:[/quote:2wn3bmb2]

That's not a smoker. It's a can of whoop ass! :grin:

Speakin of a can of WHOOPASS! Wait till those Buckeyes obliterate the Shorthorns this season! Oh Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom