Another Rib Post to throw into the Memorial Day Rib Madness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
First of all,
THANK YOU!
To all that have served, to those that never returned, and to those currently serving.
Your efforts have made, and will continue to make this country what it is today.
I played "Amazing Grace" on the pipes as a tribute to you ...that make the difference.

On the menu was: pork spare ribs, beef plate ribs, ABT's, corn, n some cheddar brats. MEAT GROUP !

img_189414_8_4a52c337666748af87ef882e3aa67456.jpg

I overcooked the corn a bit, but I'm not a fan of the early season sweet corn...but we won't get the real stuff for a while. :cry:
ABT's weren't to my liking either...They tasted perfect, but the texture was off. They seemed to take longer to cook than normal, even though I didn't do anything different.
I blame crappy lump.....yeah, that's it. :twisted:

Cliff H. said:
Nice pics Scotty.

Crappy lump messes me up all the time to.
I agree. :)

--John
(My Memorial Day dinner wasn't nearly as attractive, some chicken legs and brats, Bush's beans -- and our first slaw from the craigslist food processor! I used Marie's coleslaw dressing, next time I'll make my own. A head of cabbage makes a lot of slaw. :shock: )
1stslaw1-320.jpg

ScottyDaQ said:
Have you tired Marzettie's for slaw ? I use that, add a lil extra mayo, celery seed, cider vinegar, and a touch of sugar. Mmmmm
Thanks, Scotty, I'll give it a try. We discovered that we love the crisp, sweet flavors of the cabbage when the slaw is fresh.

--John
(There was nothing wrong with Marie's dressing, I just want to experiment.)

Unity said:
I used Marie's coleslaw dressing, next time I'll make my own. A head of cabbage makes a lot of slaw. :shock: )
1stslaw1-320.jpg

John don't you ever listen to me?????? :roll: NOT MARIES, Marzetti's Slaw Dressing! And buy the bags of slaw mix!!! 1 Jar of Marzetti's is good for 4-5 bags, depending on how wet you like your slaw!!!

Nice ribbage cook Scotty!!!!

I did pork butts... but I am beginning to wish I did ribs! Or went to their house. :LOL: Food looks awesome!

Larry Wolfe said:
And buy the bags of slaw mix!!!
I've had the bags, and the taste and crispness aren't near as good as fresh. Besides, I have to use my newly acquired food processor for something besides mixing Wolfe Rub. :D

--John

Unity said:
Larry Wolfe said:
And buy the bags of slaw mix!!!
I've had the bags, and the taste and crispness aren't near as good as fresh. Besides, I have to use my newly acquired food processor for something besides mixing Wolfe Rub. :D

--John

I see you beat around the bush about NOT listening to me about Marzettis! :oops:

Larry Wolfe said:
Unity said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1jn7pnny]And buy the bags of slaw mix!!!

--John

I see you beat around the bush about NOT listening to me about Marzettis! :oops:[/quote:1jn7pnny]
There is a jar on the kitchen counter.

marzetti.jpg

--John
(I always listen to you, Larry.
love-smiley-001.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom