Alright.. almost the weekend who is cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

I mean wood smoke.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!

about ten minutes away from getting the chucks on,
immediately followed by the ribs.

wittdog said:
Picked up a Beef Shoulder (Clod)...and two butts to go along with cooking my liver ;)

I wanted to buy a clod when I was in Texas over Christmas. They were to rich for my smoker at that time. I seriously want to smoke one. Do a clod thread Dave. There will be lots of questions. I hope you have done your homework if you have never smoked one before. There are lots of techniques.

I'm being zero the hero. :LOL: Take out tonight. Damn deli! After working with food for 5 days kind of puts a damper on it for me. COME ON SPRING! Can't talk the owner into pulled pork once a week. All I make is those damn cold cut subs. :roll: But I'm working for him, and not me.

Pigs
Mayo or Oil get's tough. Hell, I'd BBQ every day if I could!

Cliff H. said:
wittdog said:
Picked up a Beef Shoulder (Clod)...and two butts to go along with cooking my liver ;)

I wanted to buy a clod when I was in Texas over Christmas. They were to rich for my smoker at that time. I seriously want to smoke one. Do a clod thread Dave. There will be lots of questions. I hope you have done your homework if you have never smoked one before. There are lots of techniques.
I treat em like a Chuck

You know for a minute when you were talking about a clod, I thought you were refering to Puff! :oops:

I'm gonna do a Griff loaf tomorrow for lunches for the week!

It's 6:00 am & the brisket just went in the smoker.
Workin' on a brat fatty stuffed with green pepper & onion.
Looks like it's going to be a great day.

In place of regular sausage I'm using the meat from bratwurst & wrapping it around sauted green peppers & onions. Then into the smoker.
I'll post some pics when it is ready to go.

The chicken turned out great, the ribs not so great, they were 5 1/2 lb and up, I trimmed them St Louis, there was a good section of the rib, the rib tips with the chine and the skirt all went on the UDS as well.

The ribs were meaty and wholesomely juicy, cooked in 4 1/2 hours, the chicken cooked in two.

Pictures are in the camera, I'll post them tomorrow, when I get my car back from my daughter.

Back
Top Bottom