All Night Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm Kloset,or better known as the pork kloset rabbi =D> =D> :smooch: Set them free my matza moses!
[-X [-X [-X i'd like to apologise too all our jewish BBQ enthusiasts [-o<

Is this the free for all i'm postin in?
Huh? What was that? ooooops!!

I am pumped that the cook turned out for you Kloset! Jewish or not, who could resist some PP and ribs...you did have brisket, right?? Jewish people make brisket a lot, I think :)

Man, I wish I would have known, I would have just liked to smell the smoke...I miss the smokey smell in my attic since I put the WSM back on the deck! (HAHAHAHA...beat you all to it!!) :!:

Of course they make brisssssssket,i hear.
Gotta say those rib racks are big,must never have to worry about them
tipping over?

Greg Rempe said:
I think those racks are $100 or more!! :eek: :eek:

Somehow i don't think Kloset is too worried about the price.
I seen them on the Gator site,huge,solid,well they'll never need to be replaced is my guess.

They might be heavy duty but look at the ribs in the pics on Rich's site. The rub rubs off because they are close together. Woodman has the same problem with the Klose racks. Each one needs to add about another 1/2 space for each rib so they fit comfortably without skinning your ribs. I like Rich's racks...heavy heavy duty.

TL,

I was very impressed with Ritch's Rib Racks. If the new ones are even better, I'll have to get one. Thanks for the heads up.

Kloset

Uncle Bubba said:
They might be heavy duty but look at the ribs in the pics on Rich's site. The rub rubs off because they are close together. Woodman has the same problem with the Klose racks. Each one needs to add about another 1/2 space for each rib so they fit comfortably without skinning your ribs. I like Rich's racks...heavy heavy duty.

Hey Bubba,

You know I didn't have that problem at all with the rub coming off. It was probably because I was cooking Baby Backs. It was a snug fit but not enough to take off the rub.. I could see how that could happen with spares though. Probably explains the need for new racks.

Greg Rempe said:
I think those racks are $100 or more!! :eek: :eek:

Greg, you're pretty close. I think they were on sale for $95. They will last a lifetime though. Only need one. I got the one that holds six. Same price as the one that holds five. Go figure. Great, great, racks! Now my mind is wondering about something else......Stop it!

Nick,

I'm not sure about the racks being removable. I'll let you know when I try to clean them tonight. Right now I've got them soaking.

I generally will do spares and you remember what happened at Woodman's when he used them and all the rub was coming off and he was bitchin about it. If I could weld I'd make my own...but then again I don't cook that many racks at one time right now so space isn't an issue. Adjustable might be cool.

Why would the rub be coming off?Idon't get it,i sprinkle on,wait no more than oooooh say 15-20 minutes,they glaze over,rub becomes part of the meat and they're put on the cooker.

TexLaw said:
Way to go, Kloset! I bet Woody and 101 are wishing they stopped by! Man, that sounds like it was a great time with some great food.
TexLaw said:
Texlaw those 2 should have been taken to an airport by a responsible adult,buckled in,with instructions.

Back
Top Bottom