Ah, a nice day to be smokin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Got a 3lb eye of round sliced and seasoned for beef jerkey on the WSM and 6 butts and a turkey breast on Petunia for graduation weekend.

The Turkey is apple brined and I use this Rosemary and Garlic stuff that the wife got from SAMS.

Yep, I dont go back to work until the 22nd. I took a week off for graduation week and then next week for the Get Together. It's nice to be a civil servant. ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Yep, I dont go back to work until the 22nd. I took a week off for graduation week and then next week for the Get Together. It's nice to be a civil servant. ;)

Pa always said, dont be a cop, be a fireman, but did I listen ???...The free tuesday concerts start tonight in our Village...Every Tuesday night from now till Sept. is mandated OT. As is 6 weekends where there are big concerts or some sort of yuppie festivel..I just got off a twelve hour shift, have to teach a class at 2 and be back into work at 5 for a 15 hour shift...Ya, its good to be a civil servent...

john pen said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":cs8zcf9u]Yep, I dont go back to work until the 22nd. I took a week off for graduation week and then next week for the Get Together. It's nice to be a civil servant. ;)

Pa always said, dont be a cop, be a fireman, but did I listen ???...The free tuesday concerts start tonight in our Village...Every Tuesday night from now till Sept. is mandated OT. As is 6 weekends where there are big concerts or some sort of yuppie festivel..I just got off a twelve hour shift, have to teach a class at 2 and be back into work at 5 for a 15 hour shift...Ya, its good to be a civil servent...[/quote:cs8zcf9u]

Ah yes, I remember those "mandated OT" gigs. Ours was Friday After 5 and Saturday UVA football games. NOPE, dont miss that.

Cliff H. said:
Looks like a great start Bill. We will need more pics as the day goes on. ;)

Well funny you should ask. Just took the bird off at 165*. Its resting comfortably now.

john pen said:
The free tuesday concerts start tonight in our Village...Every Tuesday night from now till Sept. is mandated OT. As is 6 weekends where there are big concerts or some sort of yuppie festivel..I just got off a twelve hour shift, have to teach a class at 2 and be back into work at 5 for a 15 hour shift...
:shock: Just what I like to run into -- tired, cranky cops. :shock:

--John 8)

Unity said:
john pen said:
The free tuesday concerts start tonight in our Village...Every Tuesday night from now till Sept. is mandated OT. As is 6 weekends where there are big concerts or some sort of yuppie festivel..I just got off a twelve hour shift, have to teach a class at 2 and be back into work at 5 for a 15 hour shift...

--John 8)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Unity said:
john pen said:

--John 8)

Nooooooo, Im never anything but a ray of f*%$*ng sunshine !

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Cliff H.":8wmshbfd]Looks like a great start Bill. We will need more pics as the day goes on. ;)

Well funny you should ask. Just took the bird off at 165*. Its resting comfortably now.[/quote:8wmshbfd]

And may it rest in peace...

Well, sorry about not getting these out last night. We had to take the puter down to clean the carpets for the graduation this comming weekend. Finally got everything done at 6pm. The butts were all chopped and put in food saver bags to be reheated on saturday. Sold 2 butts right off the smoker :LOL: . The jerkey is good but I dont recomend using eye of round. Its much better with top or bottom round. 3lbs of meat doesnt make much jerkey. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom