A true Classic Lunch (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey guys, I was sitting around today and decided to wip up a true classic light lunch. Well it's a true classic, but not so light, I used 'chunky' peanut butter. You better be ready for a nap after you eat this Classic not so light caloric ladened lunch (I used preserves and white bread as well).

Very traditional, but with my own twist. I spread the peanut butter on first and then mixed in the jam, not your traditional jelly first method. I call this the 'Wolfe Spread'.

Enjoy, sorry I only took one pic and the quality isn't the best.

Well, ya know ... I have a method for it.
You put a layer of PB on BOTH slices all the way out to the edge. (I know... I'm a rebel...but stick with me here..)
Then you put the jelly in a nice dollop on the center of one of the slices. ... It can be either slice, both will work. It's up to you, go WILD here!
Assemble.
Gently.. GENTLY!!! Push down in the center. This will evenly distribute the jelly.
Having the PB on both sides will prevent the bread from getting soggy from the jelly and stop it from dripping down your arm during the one hand chomp.

Enjoy ! :P

Looks Great Larry!!! For some reason I figured you as a crust cut off guy. Like Mrs Rempe used to have to do for her boy. I guess ya never can tell on the internet. :eek:

oompappy said:
Looks Great Larry!!! For some reason I figured you as a crust cut off guy. Like Mrs Rempe used to have to do for her boy. I guess ya never can tell on the internet. :eek:

ROFLMAO! That's funny!!

I'm hopeing you can post the recipe. I'm guessing in the pork section should work! I can't believe the great idea you came up with! But next time a plated picture please!

Nick Prochilo said:
I'm hopeing you can post the recipe. I'm guessing in the pork section should work! I can't believe the great idea you came up with! But next time a plated picture please!

What do you call the pic of the sammich I posted, Ray???? You ever hear of smell check? You're spelling is worse than listening to BigWheel talk with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter in his mouth! BTW, PHUCK Puff!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":io17qpvt]I'm hopeing you can post the recipe. I'm guessing in the pork section should work! I can't believe the great idea you came up with! But next time a plated picture please!

What do you call the pic of the sammich I posted, Ray???? You ever hear of smell check? You're spelling is worse than listening to BigWheel talk with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter in his mouth! BTW, PHUCK Puff![/quote:io17qpvt]

Thanks bro! BTW, your picture didn't have a plate in it! And just to make sure, I'm spell checking this! Yup, I gots it rite!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Throw in a cast fry pan. Liked grilled Chresse.

pigs
Amen to that! A grilled PB&J is a beautiful thing. I need to try one of those Elvis-style grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches one day.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom