A man with a plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We stopped at my new favorite store…the Restaurant Depot today…I picked up a few briskets 2 full packers and a flat…one of the packers is going on the Yabba Dabba Grill tomorrow to do a hot and fast brisket..the other two will be made into pastrami for our upcoming camping trip…..I’m planning on grinding the finished pastrami along with some cooked taters and making “hash patties”….I figure toss them on the grill and top with an egg…and an instant breakfast classic Sammie is born….The briskets were $1.89lb for Angus Briskets….

Huuuuuummmmhhh, the patties sound tastey, might have ta try them, I bet they would sell perty good to!

Yall got some work ahead a ya, but the results will be great!

2 questions..

1. Where and what is the Restaurant Depot ?
2. When and where r u going camping ?

That is all, resume normal...

john pen said:
2 questions..

1. Where and what is the Restaurant Depot ?
2. When and where r u going camping ?

That is all, resume normal...
Answers to 1 I'll only tell you in person.....
2. We are going near your campsite in Angelica again in a few weeks...

Give me a call...I'll be out back cooking some Brisket all day today..Hell if you not working stop by :LOL:

Mar Onions will be a must...I think I'll have to use some eggs and a small amount of bread crumbs as a binder

Brisket

Trimmed and ready to mark

Separated…with a little of the Point left for even cooking

All marked up

I wuz hopping you could see the blue smoke from the RK

I’m going old school….no Pit therm….just be feel….I’ve got the RK loaded with Charcoal some Big Wood Chunks and a Drip Pan…
The plan is to rotate the meat every 2 and flip at 4.….

Here is the Brine for the other two Briskets

Meat went on at 10am….

How'd you get into the Restaurant Depot without a tax ID?? I go to the one in Pittsburgh and their meat selection is really good. I like their St.Louis cut ribs. They are really trimmed well.

Uncle Bubba said:
How'd you get into the Restaurant Depot without a tax ID?? I go to the one in Pittsburgh and their meat selection is really good. I like their St.Louis cut ribs. They are really trimmed well.
I pulled a Pigs :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You don't need a tax ID if you agree to pay your sales tax at the time of purchase ;)

I decided to peek and flip at the 3 hour mark….That little taster is going to last long…..
Before the flip

After the flip

URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2734953470101248297ZYDVOd]
2734953470101248297ZYDVOd_th.jpg
[/URL]

The flat is done….and resting

The Burnt Ends need a little more time…while they are finishing up I tossed on some Pit Beans….and the Mrs is making up some deviled eggs….Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert…

Back
Top Bottom