A little trick on the WSM lower vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Saw this years ago and no one mentions it...maybe everyone knows...
but when its dark outside, and you're trying to adjust the vents, and you can't see them....remember....CLOckwise, CLOsed.

Never knew that! The only one I can see is the front one. I judge how much they are opened with the tip of my finger in the hole.

Very good.

I've always used lefty loosey, righty tightey. It works for screws, faucets, lids....

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2msl7vzl]Never knew that! The only one I can see is the front one. I judge how much they are opened with the tip of my finger in the hole.

You must have fingers of abestos![/quote:2msl7vzl]
That's what I was thinking.. Did you just remember that this morning?? :-D

Jeff E said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":11xg92ar]Flashlight?!? Why you wanna make things so easy?

OK. You got me. I ain't smart enuf to no witch way clokwyse is.[/quote:11xg92ar] I was just out firing up the side ribs and tried the 'clockwise' trick. RIght hand no problemo. Left hand, well, gotta pause for like five seconds and will my hand to turn the right way. Left hand challenged I guess :LOL: Doesn't take anything away from the good suggestion though.

I use a flashlight too.

Jeff E said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":nh4nqbqg]Flashlight?!? Why you wanna make things so easy?

OK. You got me. I ain't smart enuf to no witch way clokwyse is.[/quote:nh4nqbqg]

Jeff...if you are making a funny line then that is really funny :LOL: :LOL: ...if you were just writing it straight, you need to go back to elementary school! :shock:

Susan Z said:
Shoot, now my post doesn't make any sense...!

Not to worry, everyone, I'm eating a strange concoction of cast iron skilleted ground round with chili powder and stubbs spicy bbq sauce on it, along with a cuppa joe, black with demerara sugar.

surely i'll soon be nice (surely I'll soon be on my martini and cigar!)

The sooner the better on that martini....a few of those will make everything okie dokie!

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":ldbi8xbo]Never knew that! The only one I can see is the front one. I judge how much they are opened with the tip of my finger in the hole.

You must have fingers of abestos![/quote:ldbi8xbo]

Well I can't really do a squat and get down to see the vents, so I gotta do the WM, "Wolfe Method" by feeling with my fingers! Hey if Jim can have the "Minion Method", I can have the "WM"!! ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":ql3hz7nn][quote="Larry Wolfe":ql3hz7nn]Never knew that! The only one I can see is the front one. I judge how much they are opened with the tip of my finger in the hole.

You must have fingers of abestos![/quote:ql3hz7nn]

Well I can't really do a squat and get down to see the vents, so I gotta do the WM, "Wolfe Method" by feeling with my fingers! Hey if Jim can have the "Minion Method", I can have the "WM"!! ;)[/quote:ql3hz7nn]

Not sure on how popular that will be, but it sure will get some attention!

I just added some coals to the WSM and could not help but to start laughing out loud when I adjusted the vents using the WM!!!! You guys crack me up!

Back
Top Bottom