A little something for all....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gunnagitcha

Assistant Cook
Pork butt was .88 cents/lb. So I told myself and my wallet let's get to work. I wanted more ABT's but a couple people don't like the heat so I bought a few anahiems. I don't see how they call the jalapenos hot after they have been cooked but everybody was happy in the end. I liked the armadillo eggs but I am going to try an onion pedal on the side of the jalapeno before I wrap it in sausage next time. We just made sammies with half the pulled pork and I am thinking about some enchilladas and southwestern stew with the rest. We will see. If I do that, I am going to roast some corn to go in both. And to all those who posted pics after the holiday, it all looked great.You guys are masters.

img_193690_0_eea56984a0af7767a85127baa6b4212f.gif
[/url]</div>[/img]

Looks good all around. Nice way to fill the cooker. I hate to tell you though there may be no Colts games because the folks here in Indy are about to go down there with pitchforks and torches if they mention those nasty words one more time.........New Taxes! Can you believe these fools built a stadium and now can't afford keep the lights on?

Oh Boy! :x

Lights

RubThatButt said:
Looks good all around. Nice way to fill the cooker. I hate to tell you though there may be no Colts games because the folks here in Indy are about to go down there with pitchforks and torches if they mention those nasty words one more time.........New Taxes! Can you believe these fools built a stadium and now can't afford keep the lights on?

Oh Boy! :x
Yeah they discovered they forgot to budget in operating costs before the damn thing was even finished. Oops. You guys in Marion county and outskirts are really getting screwed with the luxury tax and the property tax increases on top.

Mod

bknox said:
Nice! Also good idea for the chimney. I am going to steal that idea for mine. :D

I think you will be happy with the results. I watched one of your videos last night. That was one hell of a pork chop dance!

That's a heck of a way to fill the grill. What's in the coffee can in the offset?

Regards,
Oak

Hickory

Oak said:
That's a heck of a way to fill the grill. What's in the coffee can in the offset?

Regards,
Oak

I throw my hickory chuncks in there. It seems to make the smoke more consistent and go longer.

THX,
Robert

Well I have tried about a hundred times but I cant see no pic in this message. Sounds like it looks good though. Now to answer the fella's question about whut is an Armadillo Egg. I got a feeling we make em different. I only use the true original Januine Texas version which was invented at Lubbock, TX by students at Texas Tech. Anybody who want the recipe be glad to share it free..only take 20 bucks to cover the shipping and handling fees. Let me know.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I have tried about a hundred times but I cant see no pic in this message. Sounds like it looks good though. Now to answer the fella's question about whut is an Armadillo Egg. I got a feeling we make em different. I only use the true original Januine Texas version which was invented at Lubbock, TX by students at Texas Tech. Anybody who want the recipe be glad to share it free..only take 20 bucks to cover the shipping and handling fees. Let me know.

bigwheel

I am gettin a red X where your avatar should be. Dunno

I have tried to load my avator on here a hundred times. It just dont like me. Thanks for noticing.

bigwheel

Qjuju said:
Wow... thats a spread! Looks great!
THX Q. I wanted to ask you a couple questions about clod coming up. I can get it locally for about 2.25/lb. I'm thinking this might be my next smoke

Back
Top Bottom