A little mid week cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Being retired, I'm no longer confined to weekend cooking, so I cook on Wed, as Thur is house cleaning day and I always trash the kitchen. Today, I've got a butt, a chuckie, two brisket deckles, four half chickens, a chub of bologna cut into 1# pieces, a fatty, 6 slabs of BB's, and 4 bacon wrapped quail (for lunch). I'll have to do double duty in half of the pit to get it all done. Gonna be a busy day. In the pic, the chicken and fatty are done and the deckles are foiled. I ate 3 quail for lunch and they were delicious.

Cliff H. said:
I can't think of a better way to spend retirement.
Looks good. I suggest that you go fishing on Thursday. :D[/quote

I actually live on a lake and have tried fishing some, but all I do is fish but rarely catch, so now I put a bobber and sinker on a line, get a cooler of beer and sit on the dock with my line in the water. When folks asked, I say I'm fishing, when ask about my luck, tell them not catching anything. (don't want to risk snagging one therefore no hook). Luckily I have friends who are rabid crappie fishermen and they keep me supplied with cleaned and frozen filets - Pretty good set up I think. :D :D

Well I was really wanting to retire myself till I sen how you pass the time. I would be at the tiity flops drinking hooch and not beer. My Daddy always say "Whiskey makes a person drunk..beer makes them stupid." Now aint pointing this at you in the least. Sitting here with a Natrual Lite myself. They make it for folks who like to pee a lot according to my hero Griff. He bound to be right or he wouldn't be my hero huh? Beer makes me sleepy. Do you think there is something wrong with me? I sometimes feel like my stomache is missing. You ever felt like that?

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom