A good time at Jack's Old South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be happy to share the general stuff - but I'll keep some stuff to m'self 8)

One of the things that blew me away was that he doesn't trim butts at all nor does he trim the flat on a brisket.

He also cooks at high temps. He cooked a 19 lb brisket and 4 butts in about 5 hours (no more all nighters at comps for me).

He stongly advised that we cook one brisket at a comp but that we use Wagyu. The brisket he cooked was $95 - so I'll have to do some soul searching before I consider cooking one.

What I really enjoyed - and with respect to Myron I won't go around publishing his recepies - was how Myron broke down sauces, injections, and rubs. That was one of the most important aspects of the class for me.

As for turn-in boxes...well, here is where I was really out to lunch. I look back on what we have turned in and it's a wonder to me how I didn't get laught out of the competitions. David Hair can put together a blind box in 5-10 mins that looks awesome.

As for the hog - well, I come from Iowa so I've eaten my fair share of hog and this was the best pig I have ever eaten. He uses an industrial injector (some German rig that costs a fortune - he sells them) and he pumped that hog wit about 4 gallons of his injection.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
That Myron is a class act. Gary and I partied with him at the Jack last year. He is a HOOT.

I was thinking that I might bring a bottle of Jack for him and his crew when they come to the Qlossal. Would that work for them? I never want to presume to bring alcohol to someone who may not drink.

monty3777 said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
That Myron is a class act. Gary and I partied with him at the Jack last year. He is a HOOT.

I was thinking that I might bring a bottle of Jack for him and his crew when they come to the Qlossal. Would that work for them? I never want to presume to bring alcohol to someone who may not drink.

I'll drink to that :LOL:

I have only seen Myron on food network, he seems like a good guy who has a ton of bbq knowledge! I would love to take that class. Does he ever bring his class west?

I have only seen Myron on food network, he seems like a good guy who has a ton of bbq knowledge! I would love to take that class. Does he ever bring his class west?

monty3777 said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:

You can bring me one and you won't have to worry about a thing. :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
monty3777 said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":gaxx89bc]That Myron is a class act. Gary and I partied with him at the Jack last year. He is a HOOT.

You can bring me one and you won't have to worry about a thing. :LOL: :LOL:[/quote:gaxx89bc]

If you're ever in Iowa it's a deal - as long as I can have some too. The only way I can find drinking buddies is if bring the booze!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom