A few Butts toady....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Doing a few pork butts today to get stocked up for several upcomming catering jobs.

32 butts... 268 total lbs.... ( I think this is a record for me)

anybody up for dropping by this afternoon to help pull/chop???

This morning's sunrise...

all butts were on at 6:15 am....

Nice sunrise...and a great point Cappy...thats why you are the darling of the BBQ circut

Go Gary Go....Thats alot of Butts

the butt load is at an average of 145 right about now... I am gonna pull a Bill and foil them when they hit 165 or so just to speed them up a bit... besides, I believe it gets me a little better yield and I need all the weight I can get.... I have figured I need 154 lb of finished product... so it could be close...

Gary in VA said:
the butt load is at an average of 145 right about now... I am gonna pull a Bill and foil them when they hit 165 or so just to speed them up a bit... besides, I believe it gets me a little better yield and I need all the weight I can get.... I have figured I need 154 lb of finished product... so it could be close...

I have mixed emotions about foiling butts. I tend to foil when I am cooking for groups just so the meat will be soft thru and thru.

When cooking for just me.......no foil.

I may take the temps higher before foiling next time so I can attempt to identify a time to foil based on how hard the bark is at the end.

Good luck on your cook. ;)

img_153251_0_63b0762c18b67b6f9d87d13a7cb1ff6d.jpg

Me! :LOL: Easy money around here! Stupid public. ! :LOL:

ok.. here are the finished pics (sort of)

I took this one about 3/4 of the way through... like my mountain view?

sorry no pics of chopping process... i was trying to get done...

39 - 4 lb bags in the freezer for a total of 156 lbs... at $8.00 / lb that is over $1200 of Q in my freezer.... (don't come round thinkin of stealin... anyone found at my house at night will be found there in the mornin ;) )

was a tiring but beautiful day to BBQ.... :D

Nice work Gary, but it looks like a bag in the middle/left lost it's seal! You better fix it boy!! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom