A Different Kind of Barbeque

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
I decided I felt like doing some barbequed shrimp instead of grilled steaks. So, this is the result(BTW this is a regular New Orleans dish):

The shrimp waiting to go into the big pot. 15 lbs of 16 count
001ie.jpg

In the pot with spices and white wine and starting to simmer.Butter to come later.
003my.jpg

Done! This is my serving. Note the small lobster I did in this method, it came out really good! Fresh crispy Italian bread for sopping up all the delicious sauce.
007kl.jpg

Added this stuffed artichoke for nibbling.
008ek.jpg

Almost forgot about the shrimp I fried as well.
005hc.jpg

And King cake for dessert.
009ky.jpg

Sure Shores, :) I usually help my wife make them but, this one I picked at a local supermarket. In New Orleans they are at every seafood store and almost all grocery stores. I'll get the recipe from my wife and post it for you. It's sort of labor intensive but usually we will make about 10 or 20 and freeze them but they ARE really good.

If you remind me, when I get home I'll post my wides recipe for stuffed artichocks. I don't think they are that labor intensive. Great job on the meal!

Very very nice. I love using the bread for sopping up the sauce. Also, don't tell your wife you will be posting your "wides" recipe.

Nick Prochilo said:
If you remind me, when I get home I'll post my wides recipe for stuffed artichocks. I don't think they are that labor intensive. Great job on the meal!

I didn't really mean they were THAT labor intensive, just that I think it's better to make more than 1 or 2 at a time. When you do 10 - 20 then it can be a mess. And not that it's not worth the mess. They can be very good.

I love shrimps cooked anyway!! It all looks awesome Good job!! You live near Nola right now?

Thanks for all the compliments. I too love shrimp and oysters and all other seafood from our area. Nothing like fresh Louisiana/Gulf Coast seafood. The crawfish season should start real soon, can't wait to eat some boiled mudbugs.

surfinsapo said:
I love shrimps cooked anyway!! It all looks awesome Good job!! You live near Nola right now?

surf, I grew up in New Orleans and now live in Metairie about 3 blocks from the parish line.

Back
Top Bottom