A Day in the Smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GH those are some fine looking eats!! Listen to everyone, the fattie's are indeed better the next day. Warm them just a touch to knock the chill off!

Figured it would be good either way just checking!
Anywho..here are the ribs and the Memphis sauce, I decided to use the rest of the cornmeal and do the hushpuppy thing.

Mine is the one on the bottom. My wife likes hers without rub and KC Honey Sauce.

Green Hornet said:
Bacon is out!

Just waiting on the ribs now. Should be done when the company gets here.
GH, like Pappy said, fry it up with a little oil, that is some good stuff :!: =P~

Nobody I know is selling it. It is a "junk" wood here. Come on down and get all you want from any tree service.....now the live oak is all mine!
There is no commercial vlue to it even though it is a hard wood. It is an Invasive species so it can not be replanted. Just like Melaluca and Brazilian Pepper. ( do not use either of these for smoking) :!:

Green Hornet said:
wittdog said:
That's a good question Brian I thought that pine was to resinus.
Austrailian Pine is not a true pine. It is a hardwood. The needles are articulated and are botanically considered leaves. No real flavor to this wood though, which is why I added some oak. The Austrailian pine was planted here years ago as a windbreak along the beaches and orange groves an is an invasive species., so it is being removed so i get a free supply from a lot of sources.

I found this site about Austrailian Pine.

http://www.homebbq.com/content.asp?contentid=628

Niceeee!
I have used Orange tree before. It does add a lil something to the food. I have been staying away from it lately because of the Citrus Canker that is ruining the groves.
I also used Sea Grape. It is a landscaping plat that grows on the dunes by the ocean. It bears a fruit that is tart. I get it when the county does it's trimming once a year. Not any significant flavor.
I tried Buttonwood also. That was an experiance and would like to try some more, it gave a peppery taste to the food. Quite surprising, and good. :!:

Green Hornet said:
The Fatty is done!!!!!!!

My God!!! Why did I wait so long to try one of these? I should have done more.
Mano, mano !! That looks fantastic!! And one hellofa smoke ring too!! :(

I gotta do a fatty. It's looks like they do a smoke ring like a meatloaf. I think it was the Shawn, the Canuk, that said ground meat is a smoke magnet.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom