A day in the smoke 07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well it’s a beautiful day here…got some yard work to do….the Brisket is on Buford…the ABTS and Ribs will be following…then I’ve got some chicken and corn to cook on the RK…..

Brisket has been on for an hour and a half..time to add the ABTS and a regular fattie…..Is it me or does brisket just taste better when it’s been ringed with ABTS….

The chicken is soaking in Chivettas….and the corn in water..the ribs are awaiting a rubdown with the SS rub…
BTGG if you are still working....this smoke is for you

That looks good Dave. You are off and running this morning.

I'm out of Chiavetta's. I will have to look around here and see what I can swap for a couple of bottles. :LOL:

Most of the ABT’s are done the rest and the fattie need about another ½ hour then the ribs are going on. The mrs got some good Japs this time..some were even a that redish dark green..they have some kick this time

I had a hell of time wrapping the ABTs last night..I was tired and half in the bag :oops:

Ribs are on…….That’s two of the three major food groups…cow and pig….yard bird is next….
But now the kids are eating ABTS…..man they are starting to eat all the best stuff….

And to ejoy a cooler full of pops with de foam on top....It's nice keeping the beer cold in a cooler full of ice instead of a snow bank..

Here’s what the brisket and ribs are looking like…and what the 3rd major food group looks like….having a great day the weather is great….Mrs. Pen stopped in..without Mr. Pen and she brought beer which John never does….I’ve been enjoying the smell of smoke and the pops with the foam on top.

Chivettas is a local chicken marinade...like Roadside Chicken....a few of the people on the forum have sampled it.

Ribs and Brisket are coming along nicely…and the yard birds and feed are on the Muther Ship. (Did the old bacon wrapped corn…) The frosty pops are in short supply time to make a beer run…..
It's funny you are on today...I was thinking I was having a GH kind of a day... :D

WOW. What a cooking maniac you were today! Thanks for the invite, Val had to work today and I spent the day at my mom & dad's place doing the lawn and had to get mom's car going as the battery went dead from sitting in the garage all winter. Plus I had a guy come over to get a quote on a roof job on there garage. I'm just going to get it replaced as my dad has enough stuff on his mind with his cancer treatments. There still in Florida.

Mr Weber would like you to call him, He is in need of a cover picture for his RK box. :LOL:

That all looks great.

ps: Good to see you off duty GH. ;)

And after a day in the smoke the cook rides away on his trusty steed…Oh yeah I still have a brisket going….

Yeah that was the fresh Mozzarella
Thanks All

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom