A 4 day smoke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neat to see the Turkey pics. They are all over here, but I am not a hunter. But have been told a lil corn softens them up ;) Before you snag em. I was trying to get my Sgt. to give me some to smoke from his hunt this year but he only got the one, so none for me. :cry:
Looks like yours came out fantastic.

Waaaiiiit.....

You live in Florida and have a place to hunt turkeys?

Are they Osceolas?

I might make a trip down there for an Osceola! :twisted:

Lil Griff said:
Waaaiiiit.....

You live in Florida and have a place to hunt turkeys?

Are they Osceolas?

I might make a trip down there for an Osceola! :twisted:
Not sure what kind they are but there are quite a few flocks of em here in some of the orange groves that I "patrol" ;) They are pretty tame and used to me driving right up to them. They just stand by the road and stare at me. I guess as long as I am in the car they aren't scared.

Green Hornet said:
Not sure what kind they are but there are quite a few flocks of em here in some of the orange groves that I "patrol" ;) They are pretty tame and used to me driving right up to them. They just stand by the road and stare at me. I guess as long as I am in the car they aren't scared.

Yep, that's what they do on the other corner of the country, too. Boy, though, you should see 'em run when you get out of the car!

It might be a couple of years, but you might hear from me. I can hunt 2 of the 5 subspecies (in the US) here in Oregon. The Osceolas are only in Florida....

As to hunting them with a car...isn't that how you're supposed to deer hunt? Nice bird, though?!?

Back
Top Bottom