70 Minute Spare Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Dave

Senior Cook
A quick spare rib cook in the Orion cooker.

img_199020_0_8cc80c2302689607b199541c43581830.jpg

img_199020_1_09a29ca83430b69d54120d9105fd73d6.jpg

img_199020_2_d71832323f1aad5eface2af31dafe880.jpg

Interesting cook...

Info on my site: http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com

Dave

Greg Rempe said:
That's an interesting looking cooker...great write up on your site! How much is that thing?

Hey Greg, I thought you had mentioned those Orion cookers a couple a years ago on the site here. I remember seeing one at HD and I think they were only $100 bucks. I think they're more now. :?:

Orion Cooker

Greg---I think the cooker lists for about $150 dollars but I found it on Woot for about $104 including shipping.

Griff & Toby---the recommended fuel for the cooker is Matchlight although if you will study the cooker for a couple of minutes, you should see that the product that is being cooked is no where near the fuel which is on the outside of the unit. Meat is on the inside and protected from all the lousy smell, smoke, and stink from the charcoal. The Matchlight is used for heat only and the smoke that is applied to the product comes from the smoking chips that do go inside the cooker with the meat.

Each piece of meat cooked is to a specific time which is listed in the manual and this is done with the Matchlight. I am sure any other charcoal could be used but a fellow would have to figure out all new times and I just haven't had the chance to do that. The Matchlight is fine with me for this purpose.

Hope that answers all the questions.

Dave

Impressive on all fronts! Nice blog and great info! Gonna look into picking one up tho I've never seen 'em up here. There are many times when I run out of ribs, could sell more, and only have 2 or 3 hrs prior to closing...would be nice to be able to say, "come back in about an hr n a half...Thanks for the post.
dj

Very impressive. Think I will order about two when my humpback brother straightens himself up. I would like to pull the trigger now but aferred the Warden would nag about the price of new man toys. Prez Osamas stimulation check aint reached us yet.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Very impressive. Think I will order about two when my humpback brother straightens himself up. I would like to pull the trigger now but aferred the Warden would nag about the price of new man toys. Prez Osamas stimulation check aint reached us yet.

bigwheel

You should have bought a car! ;)

Well I started to do that cash for clunkers deal and decided agin it when I decided I needed a big old new car payment about like Griff needs a few extry Polar Bears and nekked old Esimoe ladies running around in his Gazebo. Figger as long as that 95 Dodge Ram want to run (got it in 95 by the way) I will just keep on peddling. Now don't get me wrong. Japs do make the best cars and motorcycles and stuff like that. When the PU dies it will be replaced by something from Japan.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom