70 degrees in Iowa and time to smoke baby back ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hawk wild bbq co

Senior Cook
woke up to the first 70 degree day with full sunshine in Iowa so thought it was perfect for some baby backs in the Hawk Wild Smoker. Prepped with Magic Dust (that stuff is just what it says...MAGIC) and smoked at about 240 degrees from 12:30 PM TILL 4:30 PM. Absolutlly perfect for both the ribs and the turkey legs. Ribs pulled apart easily but hung just enough to bite off the bone. Sauce on the side was more for looks than for use as it really needed nothing but to be eathen right off the bone.

hawk wild bbq co said:
alot of them stop by just to chat...but I never see them any other time...lol

I'll bet! I don't have a rig like that just a 22.5" WSM but when that thing is going, the neighbors look and stare. They hate me for no reason but they are just wishing for an invite!

Awesome looking cook!

Looks great! You cook your ribs meat down the whole time or do you flip?

I gotta get me some turkey legs, those are a great "snack" when cook'n.

I myself flip them but that is a preference some do and some dont. I dont see where it makes much difference just gives me a chance to peak at them once in a while...lol I really liked the turkey legs myself but was my first time doing them. They actually took as long as the ribs to get them to fall off tender. They would be great for half time snack for briskets or pork butts though...

fine Looking food.

Setting up that smoker up in your front yard is just cruel. Did your neighbors get a taste at least?

Fine looking chow and smoker. You should go into the brisket bizness. You cook up a load cool em down and bag suck em and toss in the freezer. When a neighbors drops by to donate at least 40 bucks to the Hawk Wild bbq cookers widders and orphans fund you give them a froze brisket as a token of your appreciation. I could help you quit your daytime job right quick. Let me know.

I am always up for givin up my day job. The thoughts have crossed my mind many times. This will be my retirement job. And yes the old man across the street brought me over some fresh ground horseradish so I took him and his wife some ribs with my own Hawk Wild BBQ Sauce on the side.

Pal o mine who runs a a feed store does the same scheme. He cooks them at home and brings them to work and into the freezer. The yups line up in droves to buy.

My wife and I this afternoon were talking about maybe having a couple friday nights a month where we set the smoker out front and sell drive up take out bbq to the people in town. Checked with the health dept and they told me I could get away with it and they had no control over it. Low overhead...no health dept to be pain in my a** means good profit and alot of fun.

Wow you are highly blessed to live in such a reasonable location as regards the health goons. One of the many great things about small town and/or country living. Could only happen in Mayberry or a similar type place:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom