50 Pounds a Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Here be a shot a one a 5 briskets I did this weekend fer an upcomin grad were caterin.

img_187717_0_330fb7fd5583815aa79b2a204cfc0c6b.jpg

Here be two of em pulled.

img_187717_1_8a88d9deab8747be4caef487f30be45b.jpg

Were also doin a batch a Smoke in the Holler beans.

This one kinda a low budget gig, but hey, this year ya can't be to picky!

The hardest part a pullin brisket is gettin it tender enough. Foil at bout 170° an take em ta 190°, then start checkin with the temp probe ta see if they be tender, Some times gotta go ta 205°, soon as they are I bring em outa the smoker an put em in roaster pans ta set fer at least two hours.

Now, doin these fer caterin I noticed sumtin, I might just be full a mule droppins, but, the fresh ones pulled alot harder then the ones I had bought an froze. Gonna keep doin some research on that little idear.

I never pulled one either, but I believe it might be mighty tasty. It sort of makes sense that the frozen ones pulled easier as the ice crystals would have pierced the fibers of the meat thereby tenderizing it. Or at least that sounds good. :LOL:

Qjuju said:
It sort of makes sense that the frozen ones pulled easier as the ice crystals would have pierced the fibers of the meat thereby tenderizing it. Or at least that sounds good. :LOL:

Ya thats the ticket...ya...ya thats it.

img_187785_0_1c474d101567eb978df0cc6add2a06c1.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well pulled briskets is easy..just get drunk and leave in the foil (Noo Yawk Crutch) too long. Seen a million of em..now don't recall ever trying to do that on purpose. Now I hear about this one smart feller one time who did accidentally get some too mushy. He just sent his little bride off to KFC for the big Coleslaw bucket...piled it high on a cheap white bun..along with the mushy brisket of course...and passed the Franks on the side. All the dumb Texicans thought it was pushed pork. I have tole this story a few dozen other times so kindly excuse any redundancies all over again. Seasoned citizens repeat things a lot.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom