+5* cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Here's proof. I've got two packers, one 12.8 pounds and one 15.4 pounds. I didn't get started until 7:30am and am kinda concerned about getting done at a reasonable hour tonight.

Looks like you have a good head of steam going, and not a lot of snow or is that just an area you clean off? Stay warm! I assume there will be pictures when you are done :D

You got us beat here bud. + 11 Do wind chills count?
Give it hell Griff!
bbquzz are you questioning the picture taking efforts of our Northern(and I mean Northern :shock: ) brother?? He "always" follows through with the fininshed pics. Just Like Cappy. :mrgreen: ;)

Griif go high heat on the briskets. Works every time. 8)

Griff said:
Here's proof. I've got two packers, one 12.8 pounds and one 15.4 pounds. I didn't get started until 7:30am and am kinda concerned about getting done at a reasonable hour tonight.

Griff foil at 165º and finish in the oven, little higher heat wouldn't hurt at that point......275º-300º.

bbquzz said:
Looks like you have a good head of steam going, and not a lot of snow or is that just an area you clean off? Stay warm! I assume there will be pictures when you are done :D
I keep the deck shoveled so I can get to the cookers. Got a couple feet in the yard. I also thawed out some corned beef cured briskets I made a couple months ago and then ran out of time to smoke into pastrami. I got them going in the smaller WSM. The second pic shows the snow in the back yard. If you look carefully, you can see moose tracks back near the fence.

An arsenal of WSM's, I love it. I figured you had more snow, I know my neighbors think I'm nuts for shoveling and sweeping my deck. Griff where did you get the discs under your WSM to protect the deck?

Here's some finished pics.

Burnt ends.

You may remember when I made some corned beef brisket a couple months ago. Work got crazy and I never got time to do anything with it except freeze it. When I made it I removed the points before curing it. Today I ground the points for future hamburgers.

I smoked one of the corned beef brisket into pastrami yesterday. I am totally amazed how tasty it came out. I intend to make sandwiches later today.

Griff those pics are fantastc!!
You've been busy! Have a pastrami sammy for me!! ;)

I am officially a wimp. I couldn't even make myself get out there today at 30F.

That is a fantastic looking brisket!

Back
Top Bottom