5 Chickens on the WSM with room to spare!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I quartered 5 chickens, rubbed them with WR and put them on 3 grates ont he WSM. I actually had room for probably another chicken. Getting close to the capacity I had on LuLu. 4 of the chickens are for pulled chicken and the other is gonna be whole pieces. I have another chicken that I have sitting in RSC marinade and will hit the Performer later tonight.

These chickens are now about half way finished.

Bryan S said:
Looks great Larry. =P~ Do you 1/4 them so they cook faster? I know it really doesn't matter since they are going to be pulled but was just wondering. :D

I quartered them cause I thought I might have a space issue. I think next time I'll leave them in halves.

Call it what you want, but for $11.99 a 30 pack it gets the job done! How about we pour a Bud lLight, Miller Lite and Busch Light in a cup and see if you can honestly tell the difference. I can't.

Anyways, the birds are done and the pulled meat is resting nicely in the fridge chilling before I vac seal it. I forgot to take pic's of the finished product, but I'll take some when I seal it.

Damn Larry, for as good as it looks going in, it ALWAYS comes out looking like it could take first in a competition!! Great job Q-Brotha! =D>

Larry

Your food always looks great. Some time please post a picture of one of your flops so the rest of us mere mortals will feel a little better.

Griff

Griff said:
Larry

Your food always looks great. Some time please post a picture of one of your flops so the rest of us mere mortals will feel a little better.

Griff
We tried that before, I don't think he screws up :eek:

Puff said:
Griff said:
Larry

Griff
We tried that before, I don't think he screws up :eek:

Trust me, I screw up and on more than one occasion! Those are the pic's you guys don't get to see!!! Next time I screw up I'll post a pic! I just hope it's not at SOTB!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom