3rd times a charm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool.. we can dissagree...but your still wrong about the fat migrating though the grain of the meat [smilie=a_tongue.gif]

That's why you can have a brisket overcooked and dry with a layer of fat sitting on top. Same reasoning behind a dry pot roast that has been boiled in water.

Brining or injecting works because makes it causes the meat to absorb a more than normal amount of moisture before cooking that does not all get cooked out.

Al

Let's give the thread back to Puff. Sorry for the hijacking

I put the fat cap down on my pit. It helps to give it portection from the heat that the tuning plates give off. Almost all the time I am cooking a brisket I have pork butts over the brisket to help flavor it. I also dont foil my packers. If I was cooking flats I think I would though. I trim off some of the fat if I started with a 12lbs packer it would be 11lbs when I am finished trimming it. I like to pull them when they hit 195ish.

Chris

Thanks bud ;)
Annyways......breakfast is served!
Maple fatty stuffed with Asiago & Cheddar cheese with biscuits.

Done!! Foiled at 165 in a warm place,used a little Apple cider to steam it along.
Best 2 out of 3 this is the one.
Flavor all the way through :D
To get away from the fat up or down I flipped it 3 times, the last time landing fat up in the cooler.
The flavor of the rub & the smoke can be tasted all the way through.
Very happy with the outcome :D

As far as the wingies go ........need I say more :shock:

Puff said:
Done!! Foiled at 165 in a warm place,used a little Apple cider to steam it along.
[/URL]

Good looking brisket Puff!! What temp did you finally pull it at?

Back
Top Bottom