2nd butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What Tri tip said! I'm guessing puff and bigwheel finally got a room so they can do all the hiney slapping they like to do with each other.

I use the 12 hour mark as the gold standard for butts and briskets.. some a little more or less... but I usually figure on 12

Well I been busy arguing with yankee wannabe coon asses but whoevever said 12 hrs got be under the influence of funny stuff. Anybody fuss that long with something is "Warming it to death" as Bee Jay would say. That Boy eats Crockodiles for Breakfast and lunch closely followed by copious amount of Swamp Cabbage? It sounds kinky huh?

Aint it funny? Well spend 14 hours over some crappy hunk of meat and by the time it's done were (well I'm anyway) too drunk to even taste it. A steak is done in 8 minutes most and taste much better. And! by the time it's done I only got 3.5 beers in me.

Somebody needs to turn the heat up. If a butt or butts cant be delivered to the table within 8 or 9 hours..something is broke. Too low and too slow will dry them out bad on most pits. Some pits can do it..most cant. Some can with a full load but otherwise cant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom