2 Sunday briskets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MI Smoke

Senior Cook
2 briskets for Sundays din din-
123_0435.jpg

123_0436.jpg2 briskets for Sundays din din-

Attachments

• 123_0443.jpg
    123_0443.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 258
Wow that Brisket looks fantastic! I always end up looking at the food pictures on the forum right before I take lunch for the day lol. I have a barbecue this weekend and was looking for brisket recipes. I found one Honey Hollow Brisket Roast

Anyone have any ideas of what to do with Brisket as far as sandwiches or side dishes?

Where do you get full briskets like that, all I can ever find are the flats around here?
There is a guy who lives in town that owns a meat market in Eastern Market in Detroit. He lets me go up there and hand pick them, or I can call him and he will delv them to a bar 2 miles away. I can pick them up there. How that for service? :cool:
I buy a case at a time, and freeze what I don't use.

Let me know the next time you are planning on getting a some, I will give you the money to get me a couple.

Yeah no sliced pics=no slicing. Hey those bad boys look similar to some I got from the wholesale place which were called Nose Off. They seem to be cut into two chunks at about the edge of the yellow triangle hunk of hard fat on the lean side..so its mostly a flat with a little chunk of point still attached. Chops off their noses I guess. Anyway if that aint the same kind I take all this back. They come out blocky looking and cooked up great like the ones you got.

Yeah no sliced pics=no slicing. Hey those bad boys look similar to some I got from the wholesale place which were called Nose Off. They seem to be cut into two chunks at about the edge of the yellow triangle hunk of hard fat on the lean side..so its mostly a flat with a little chunk of point still attached. Chops off their noses I guess. Anyway if that aint the same kind I take all this back. They come out blocky looking and cooked up great like the ones you got.

Nope, they were whole packers :) . I trimmed them up pretty good before I throw them on. We had 8 people over for dinner, they were grabbing it as I was slicing. Next time I will chop off some fingers so I can get pics for you :shock: .
These were the first briskets I have done on this new pit, and I have a few things to work on . It was juicy, but I wasn't happy with the smoke flavor it had.
It is a work in progress :?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom