2 racks 2 rubs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Cooking 2 racks of spares today. One rack rubbed with Wolfe Rub Bold(Larry I'm out by the way,I need more to test ;) )
The other rack is rubbed with Finney rub #2. (One of the goodies I got at SOTB)
Smoked over Cherry & Apple wood. Finney gave me 2 rubs to try, I chose #2 because of the sweetness & the heatness. I'm using the WRB because it's damn good! (Larry did I mention that I'm out ;) ) Doing a Maple fatty stuffed with cheese for a snack.
Beautiful day here in Michigan, race is on beer is cold [smilie=banana.gif]

The one on the right Fiiney rub, on the left Wolfe Rub.

Good looking ribs so far Puff! Finney makes a damn fine rub, you're gonna be happy with it!!

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice Puffy boy! When you wrap in foil to rest, do you put it in the diaper bag? You may want to look here for some Wolfe Rub, this is where I found it! http://www.wolferub.com/

Looks good though buddy, wish I was helping you eat it!
That's not a bad idea ;)

Puff, how do you keep the cheese from coming out while the fattie is cooking? The grub on this board is great today.

Griff

Griff said:
Puff, how do you keep the cheese from coming out while the fattie is cooking? The grub on this board is great today.

Griff
It's pretty easy . Slice the sausage open, stuff it, then kind of remold it with your hands pinching the opening shut. I only had a tiny bit of cheese leak out.

I'll just do a Cappy and post the pic's!
This is the WRB

And this pic the Finney #2

Between these two masterminds! I know see why BBQ4U has an award winning BBQ competition cooking team!!!

I watched the slideshow over 3-4 times until I realized it was one pic of the same plate of great looking food. Good job. Your hired back now :LOL:

Both racks came out great. I thought the flavor of both rubs tasted great, they really held the heat. The ribs I bought were kind of tough (again) even after 6 hrs. at 225, and foiled for an hour. Since I used the Wolfe Rub Bold on a chuck roast the one thing I did notice is that on the beef it wasn't as spicy, and on the ribs it had a little more kick to it.
I look forward to trying Finney #1 soon. I hope The bold is avilable soon.
Thanks again guy's for the samples, keep up the good work ;)

And Cliff H. thanks for rehiring me ;)

Puff said:
Both racks came out great. I thought the flavor of both rubs tasted great, they really held the heat. The ribs I bought were kind of tough (again) even after 6 hrs. at 225, and foiled for an hour. Since I used the Wolfe Rub Bold on a chuck roast the one thing I did notice is that on the beef it wasn't as spicy, and on the ribs it had a little more kick to it.
I look forward to trying Finney #1 soon. I hope The bold is avilable soon.
Thanks again guy's for the samples, keep up the good work ;)

And Cliff H. thanks for rehiring me ;)

Your a sissy, afraid to make a choice on which rub you liked better. Now I know why you carry a diaper bag around!

Back
Top Bottom