2 racks 2 rubs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Green Hornet said:
Puff said:
Between these two masterminds! I know see why BBQ4U has an award winning BBQ competition cooking team!!!
We have a TEAM? :shock:
I chipped a tooth trying to take a bite outta my screen! They came out great!
Hell yes :shock:
Larry, Finney, And Rev Jr..
G.H., no offense bud, you have to get out more ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
Both racks came out great. I thought the flavor of both rubs tasted great, they really held the heat. The ribs I bought were kind of tough (again) even after 6 hrs. at 225, and foiled for an hour. Since I used the Wolfe Rub Bold on a chuck roast the one thing I did notice is that on the beef it wasn't as spicy, and on the ribs it had a little more kick to it.
I look forward to trying Finney #1 soon. I hope The bold is avilable soon.
Thanks again guy's for the samples, keep up the good work ;)

And Cliff H. thanks for rehiring me ;)

Your a sissy, afraid to make a choice on which rub you liked better. Now I know why you carry a diaper bag around!
That's it I'm outta' here.......I'm going to lurk ;)

Looks great puff!! I got a few racks of ribs I am going to cook this weekend. (need to clear out the freezer.) The leg of lamb is going to have to wait for another weekend. Going to try something different with my glaze we'll see how it goes.

Chris

So Puff, inquiring minds want to know how the Wolfe and Finney rubs stacked up againt each other in the "2 racks 2 rubs" battle.

Griff

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
Both racks came out great. I thought the flavor of both rubs tasted great, they really held the heat. The ribs I bought were kind of tough (again) even after 6 hrs. at 225, and foiled for an hour. Since I used the Wolfe Rub Bold on a chuck roast the one thing I did notice is that on the beef it wasn't as spicy, and on the ribs it had a little more kick to it.
I look forward to trying Finney #1 soon. I hope The bold is avilable soon.
Thanks again guy's for the samples, keep up the good work ;)

And Cliff H. thanks for rehiring me ;)

Your a sissy, afraid to make a choice on which rub you liked better. Now I know why you carry a diaper bag around!
That's it I'm outta' here.......I'm going to lurk ;)
2.gif

1.gif

Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my Sunday cook.

The opnions have left the building :D [smilie=a_okbyenow.gif]

Finney

Thanks for the offer but I threw out the Fatz Pig powder for a reason. I nearly quit this board after the Pig powder got some good reviews and then I ordered some. It took months to get here and was crap.

Griff

Talked to Puff last night about the rubs. He said both were very good, but the Bold Wolfe Rub was a little too spicy for him on the pork ribs. But I sort of expected that on pork in the first place, but I'm glad he gave it a try on pork. He loved it on the chuck roast he did with the Bold, so I told him to give it a try on some beef ribs next time. Even though I really really liked the Wolfe Rub Bold on the chicken wings I did, I tried to design the flavor profile for beef. The Wolfe Rub Original is best on pork and chicken, but pretty versatile to use on many other things! Finney and Cappy enjoy it on their morning toast, like cinnamon sugar! :damnfunny

Puff told me mine (#2) was too spicy also. Puff is a weenie. It was made for ribs and should be used with a sweet sauce like SBR's mixed with honey (which is what puff used). Again... Puff is a weenie.

If Rub #2 was too spicy for him then #1 is going to hurt him. I told him to make sure he used #1 on a large cut of meat. Either a butt, chuck roast, or some heatry cut of meat.

Finney he doesn't listen to either of us. As much as I like Lil' Puffy, he needs to stick with Mrs. Dash. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom