2 Butts, 1 Whole Packer Brisket, & Three Racks of Spares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time To Wrap Brisket

I wrapped the Brisket at 165 internal.

Sorry for the shadow of me taking the pic! :oops:

Re: update

Kloset BBQR said:
I had my wife pick up the ribs for me at Sams club. Told her to get a three pack. When I opened the pack there were only 2 racks of spare but they were about the same weight as a three pack. These are some of the meateast ribs I've ever gotten from Sams. I'm going to start sending her for the two pack from now on and the best thing is, they can't hide a bad rack in the middle.

Around here, spares come in 2-packs and BB's come in 3-packs, no matter where I go. Strange - i wish I could find spares in 3-packs.

Re: update

rprata said:
Kloset BBQR said:
I had my wife pick up the ribs for me at Sams club. Told her to get a three pack. When I opened the pack there were only 2 racks of spare but they were about the same weight as a three pack. These are some of the meateast ribs I've ever gotten from Sams. I'm going to start sending her for the two pack from now on and the best thing is, they can't hide a bad rack in the middle.

Around here, spares come in 2-packs and BB's come in 3-packs, no matter where I go. Strange - i wish I could find spares in 3-packs.

No, you don't. It's kind of like Joe Pesci's comment on how "The screw you in the drive thru'. They do the same thing with the three pack, they put their absolutely worst rack and put it in the middle so you can't see it. Happens to me every time. I was happy with the 2 pack. I guess everyone like what they don't have.

Brisket Sandwich

Thank you for all the nice replies everyone! This was my favorite part of the cook. I first had this sandwich at Oklahoma Joes, in Kansas. They call it the Z man. Pictures don't do it justice. Start with a toasted bun, pile it high with sliced brisket. Top with melted provolone cheese and bbq sauce, then top with Onion Rings. To think of all the work that we do just to get a decent sammie, but it was worth it! :D

Nice ribs Dallas. The ones I have been getting lately look like they are from Ethiopian pigs. They probably could run real good.

Sandwich looks great Dallas,i made a similar sandwich with brisket,provalone,and thick cut lower temp panfried potatoes after watching a foodnetwork special about a restaurant called primantis in Ohio.

Dallas,

What a great looking cook. Loved seeing the pictures of it all. I am going to have to try that sammie. Just mouthwatering to look at.

The lump looks great too. Nce sized pieces.

BBQmmm said:
Sandwich looks great Dallas,i made a similar sandwich with brisket,provalone,and thick cut lower temp panfried potatoes after watching a foodnetwork special about a restaurant called primantis in Ohio.

PRIMANTI BROS IS IN PISSBURGH NOT OHIO!!!!!!! I have eaten there numerous times. Slaw and fries go right on the sammy. Dallas, did you buy that cooker at the Viking Kitchen store in Legacy Village? I think they are carrying them! Dave

No Dave, they carry Stumps smokers there I think! I got this one directly from Backwoods. BTW I've got a package coming to my house from BBQMMMMM that has something for you in it as well.

Pm me for the details and to arrange for delivery.

PRIMANTI BROS IS IN PISSBURGH NOT OHIO!!!!!!! I have eaten there numerous times. Slaw and fries go right on the sammy.

Must be good sandwiches if your having a cow!?or ya just don't like pitsburgh? :LOL: Remember UB saying that he's been to Primantis on the way to a contest and said something about pitsburgh,,actually if they put colesalaw on top i don't want any.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom