140 lb Brisket flats cook on Saturday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
here they are boys and girls... keepin up with 24 flats is kinda hard with only 2 probe thermometers...

sorry the cuttin board looks a little messy... I had already sliced a dozen or so of em....

Looking good, that is a nice even looking smoke ring there Gary, what are you cooking on and what was your smoke wood?

SoEzzy said:
Looking good, that is a nice even looking smoke ring there Gary, what are you cooking on and what was your smoke wood?

cooking on a Lang 84... total oak this time... wind was a b*tch on saturday.. had to turn the cooker

Gary,
From one Lang owner to another... They look great.

Any idea on what your temp variances were from right to left? Did you keep moving them around so they would all be done at the same time?

Another fine VA product.

Chiles

Chiles said:
Gary,
From one Lang owner to another... They look great.

Any idea on what your temp variances were from right to left? Did you keep moving them around so they would all be done at the same time?

Another fine VA product.

Chiles

Yeah.. I did some moving and shifting during the cook. My Lang only has the one thermometer, so I don't really track the temp from one end to the other. they all came off in a two hour time frame. I foiled them and put them in coolers. I had to leave for a couple hours and didn't get to slice them for about 4-5 hours... they all were still to hot to handle with bare hands.

Back
Top Bottom