Pan Potato

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
We have sliced potatoes and baked them for some time, they are delicious and versatile this way. I started doing it this way in my little skillet a couple months ago mainly just so they are held together better than slicing them partially through and hoping for the best.

The potatoes below and sliced, tossed in Yummy Chicken dry rub and olive oil. Neatly places in a small greased skillet, some pads of butter on top and covered with foil. I baked them at 375 for almost an hour. Removed the foil, sprinkled them with mozzarella cheese and browned under the broiler. Once plated we ate it with sour cream, scallions and bacon chunks.

potato_9_9_13.JPG

I am going to make this again in my large skillet for company. I think thin sliced onions would be really good as well as some fresh crushed garlic and bacon (like I had to say it) in between the slices and finishing it with parmesan or even pepper jack. The sky is the limit and this dish really presents itself well. Now that I have written this I may make some more this evening :)

Hasselbeck Potatoes, I make those all the time. They need to stay in the oven about 20 minutes longer than a baked potato. But the end product is alot better than that of a baked potato.

Max, before seeing them done this way I would slice them, but not all the way through and bend them over a piece of foil to fan out the slices which was a huge pain. They did resemble lobster tails depending on what you put on and in them which I think was cool but the pan version is better. Thanks for posting what they are called so I can get them straight in my head. I could make about 200 versions of Hasselbeck potatoes. One of my new favorite potato cooking methods.

Hasselbeck Potatoes, I make those all the time. They need to stay in the oven about 20 minutes longer than a baked potato. But the end product is alot better than that of a baked potato.
Hasselbeck potatoes? Where are you from again? I thought you would call em Stafford potatoes!

Just made these the other night, with a rack of ribs. Turned out pretty good. I just season slightly with salt pepper, a little minced garlic, and some butter. No need for anything else really, leave them in for a bit longer, and the sliced sections get nice and crunchy.

Back
Top Bottom