Jerky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Recipe with my adjustments.
4-6 lb Eye of round
1/2 t Celery Salt
1/2 t Black pepper
1 T White pepper
1/2 t Red pepper
1 T Seasoned salt
2 t Accent
1 t Garlic powder
2 T Morton tender quick
2 T Brown sugar
1/3 c Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c Soy sauce
1/3 c Barbecue sauce
1/3 c Maple syrup
1 T Cholula hot sauce
1 T Sriracha hot sauce
Cut meat in thin slices. Meat is easier to cut when partially frozen and it will cut evenly. Combine dry ingredients first, add wet ingredients, and marinate/cure for 24 hours in a sealable plastic bag. or non reactive container.

Smoke 7-8 hours at 150-160 with smoke only in the first 4 hours

The Siriacha sauce hangs out in the oriental section at Wally World. Aint bought no Franks in about two years since somebody recommended giving it a whirl. Its mighty tasty. Noticed they carrying it at Krogers and Albertsons here lately..just jacking up the price a buck or two. Highly suggest you give it a try. It comes in a plastic squirt bottle with the outline of a white rooster on front. Made by chinamen I think.

bigwheel

I finally bought some Sriracha sauce today (second supermarket visited -- Safeway). My wife tried a 1/4" glob from a spoon and said "It tastes like hot catsup." It's more complex than that, but I couldn't improve on her description. It certainly has plenty of heat.

We did some tacos with PP and compared Sriracha with Cholula. I like the flavor of Cholula better for stuff like that, but I gotta say, that Sriracha doesn't get overwhelmed by other flavors!

Again, thanks for posting the recipe that got my attention, Scotty. I love to learn about good stuff. :D

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom