Garlic Wine Sticks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ain't sure what vboggs means but luve ya guy anywhos ;) i'm thinkin ifin you were a coonass ( southerner) we would have losta fun
same way ifin (God forbid) I was a yankee :cry: :D :shock: 8) ya no i'
m just funnin wit cha huh ?

I would think that it will need longer than the 7-10 days in a cellar...I don't think that 7-10 is enough of a time for the meat to cure...just my .02...you could treat them like the semicooked peparoni recipe in the kutas book to get a similar result and the 7-10 days might be long enough..my .02 added http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=4629

Garlic Wine Sticks

7lbs Ground Beef
2lbs Ground Pork
1lb Ground Pork Belly (Bacon)
6 Cloves of Peeled/Minced Garlic
7tsp Salt
2tsp Dextrose
2tsb Italian Seasoning
2tsp Liquid Smoke
2tsp Cure #2
1cp Red Wine (I prefer a sweet wine like a Maria Christina)
1/2cp Fermento (See Note)
1/4cp Teriyaki Sauce

1. Blend Ingredients 4-12 in a blender just enough to mix them up. If using coarse salt such as Kosher (which I do) make sure the salt is dissolved.
2. Pour contents evenly over grinded meat and mix well.
3. Stuff into sheep Casings
4. Incubate 24hrs at 80F/80RH
5. Hang in cold cellar for 7-10days.

NOTE: Depending on which brand Fermento you use, different amounts will have to be added. I am currently finishing up my SausageMaker brand which seems to call for large amounts. I will then move onto www.Stuffers.com’s Fermento which only calls for 1oz per 10lb. I use Fermento instead of Starter cultures because I prefer the Flavor and ease or use/handling.

a friend of mine made some jalapeno wine once and it was good till the next day.........wine sh@ts to the 10th power :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
I ain't sure what vboggs means but luve ya guy anywhos ;) i'm thinkin ifin you were a coonass ( southerner) we would have losta fun
same way ifin (God forbid) I was a yankee :cry: :D :shock: 8) ya no i'
m just funnin wit cha huh ?

Be careful there BOY, dems fightin words to some folk. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom