Xmass sausage 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
It’s time for the annual Xmass Sausage Thread…We did up 60lbs of Smoked Polish, 5lbs of Andouille, and 10lbs Fresh Italian. The FIL (NewHeart) helped out and things went smooth and the stuff is in the smoke house. It should be done around 10pm tonight

img_229756_0_d9fa5a097c97e997c98bc2f59564c03a.jpg

Great job as usual Witt. I bet you got that old scammy poser named Rytek Kutus or similar spinning in his grave with jealousy.

bigwheel

4 hours in and they are starting to get some nice color…2 hours without smoke to dry..and 2 in the smoke one more pan of smoke and then it’s time to turn the temp up and let it ride.

What temp were they smoked at ? Did you use the insta cure thing stuff from the sausage maker ?

120* till they get dry
145* for a few hours in the smoke
165* till the meat temp hits 155* internal

and yes you use 2tsp of Insta Cure 1 per 10lbs of meat

After a long hard day’s work the sausage is done…I might even have a few Jack and Cokes while these cool…..

Dave is a killer sausage maker. He made that smoke house a few years back with help from a pal. Wish I had his skill. He take's his product seriously as you can see by the pics.

Pigs

Yeppers think Witt has now surpassed my old chum Len Poli as the number one sausage guru commonly available in cyberspace. Aint heard a peep out of Len in years. Wonder if he is still alive and well? Somebody with a lot of free time should google it up and see when/if he has passed or whutever. Might be he has joined the witness protection program through the Federales or something exotic like that.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom