Why not..............Cooked pictures added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
...............make a little Italian sausage for a neighborhood gathering this afternoon!

I was at the supermarket yesterday and they just discounted some ground pork because today was the last day it could be sold. I grabbed the last three packages and made some Italian sausage. I still had some of the mixes that Puff sent me when he lost the bet. A little doctoring up, extra spices, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomato and some cheese. I only had 24 hours to soak the casings so I rinsed them quick and then soaked them for 24 hours in white vinegar just like Bigwheel said. It worked fantastic! Here's the results.

Very impressive. I, too, want to see the cooked pics. I see a sausage, onion and peppers sandwich in your future.

Well they are all cooked up. Some of the best sausage I have made to date. Sweet with some afterburner heat. Gonna be taking them to the neighbors later.

The peppers came from the garden. Wish I had a couple more to put in!

Holy [smilie=dancing_cow.gif] that looks fantastic. I'm with Cappy. When are you going to start delivering?

bknox said:
Nicely done! Just wondering, why the vinegar soak?

Bryan, Bigwheel mentioned that in other threads that it made it slicker than semen on his gold tooth :LOL: . I didn't have enough notice to soak the casing for a couple of days so decided to give that a try and see if it did indeed make them more pliable and slide easier in the stuffing tube and it sure did work! Great idea bigwheel. No about that gold tooth........... :twisted:

Nick Prochilo said:
bknox said:
Nicely done! Just wondering, why the vinegar soak?

Bryan, Bigwheel mentioned that in other threads that it made it slicker than semen on his gold tooth :LOL: . I didn't have enough notice to soak the casing for a couple of days so decided to give that a try and see if it did indeed make them more pliable and slide easier in the stuffing tube and it sure did work! Great idea bigwheel. No about that gold tooth........... :twisted:

Bryan, Bigwheel mentioned that in other threads that it made it slicker than semen on his gold tooth

I was confused. I didn't know Bigwheel had a gold tooth. It all makes sense now. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom