Which sausage to make......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I have some butts chunked up and chillin'. I can't decide if I should make Witt's Grandpa's jumbo Polish, or Nickie P's Eyetalian ..........pickin' the hog guts up tomorrow morning. Hopefully gonna grind and stuff after work tomorrow. :?

How much meat you have? I know it's a pain in the ass but I'd make both! Once it's ground up, just divide it in 1/2. Add spices to each 1/2. Stuff one, then the other. With the bucket stuffer I have, I don't clean it between flavors, I just watch one the second one starts to come out the horn, twist off what's there and keep stuffing. That way you get the best of both worlds. Are you making it for work or for home?

Anybody trying to do various sausage types in the same sitting is a glutton for punishment. Do Big Daves Jap and Cheese version. It will make you want to slap somebody's Mama. Most Polish is way to bland for most Americkan folks. Now forget about making more than one type. The key is to make what you like to eat. I do not play well with bland. If you like super savory with a little heat do Big Daves version. Best stuff I have bumped into.

Me and a chum did three varieties about sixty pounds worth. Never washed so many meat lugs in my life. It like to kilt us. Twenty pound batches of the same species is the only way to fly at least for one person and considering various space constraints. Including ice box space.

I'm going to do both. I ground up 10 lbs of pork and seasoned it for the jumbo Polish. The 2 butts I had ran 5 lbs short for the Italian. Sooooo......tomorrow I'll stuff the Polish and grab 5lbs of scrap pork from work to do the Italian. It's going to take a few days because I have no life due to work. Might take my stuffer (and my camera) to work and just do it there.
Wheeler, I checked out Big Dave's venture. I want to try that one......maybe next year.

Sounds like a plan. Nick..twenty lbs of good sausage goes quick. Also freezes well. All the drunks in the beer joint like to buy it.

bigwheel said:
Sounds like a plan. Nick..twenty lbs of good sausage goes quick. Also freezes well. All the drunks in the beer joint like to buy it.

Oh I hear you but the beer drunks around here want it for free!

Weekend? What's that? :?
Been workin' at it for 3 days.......finish up tomorrow I hope. I miss the good ol' days. :(

Back
Top Bottom