Soppressata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
My dad and I made a batch week before last. Here it is hanging to dry. It should be ready around Christmas. We started with 18 pounds of pork and it will lose around 30% - 40% of its weight when it's done. We did a trial run earlier this year and it turned out pretty darn good.

I love that stuff. I don't have the know-how to make it yet.
Get a chair, some whiskey, and sit there and watch it cure. Very relaxing.

It do look good. Now where do a person hang that stuff? Do it have to keep a certain temp and humidity range? Wheres the recipe? Thanks.

bigwheel

Temp and humidity are the important things...especially the humidity part..not enough and that stuff dries from the outside in...

We'ver made sausages together a couple of times. He's a pisser because he gets all upset and starts yelling and cursing when things don't go perfect. Most of the time I'm just telling him to relax, this is what we need to do next..... Then my mom will come in and we laugh as we talk about my father. He doesn't hear to good anymore so we can say things with him standing right there with us!

My wife is going to freak when she sees sausage hanging in the basement :shock:
Next on the try list.

Nick Prochilo said:
We'ver made sausages together a couple of times. He's a pisser because he gets all upset and starts yelling and cursing when things don't go perfect. Most of the time I'm just telling him to relax, this is what we need to do next..... Then my mom will come in and we laugh as we talk about my father. He doesn't hear to good anymore so we can say things with him standing right there with us!

I thought that's how it's done....curse and yell. What did ya say? couldn't quite hear that????

I love that stuff...ill be trying some soon..My buddy is married to a canadian that makes a huge batch every year..won't up the recipe though...all I know is they have garbage cans full of Olive Oil they soak it in...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom