Sausage with Good Smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Tomorrow (Sat) Good Smoke and the family are coming by to make some sausage…..We (Wittdogs B and me) just got done chuncking 6 butts…we are leaving two as a demonstration tomorrow…..I’ve got 40lbs of meat with two butts to go.
The plain is to make some sausage then have a shrimp boil and grill up some sausage…I’m thinking a few adult bevs are going to be consumed along the way.
Hopefully Pics to follow

It was a busy but productive and fun day here……We had prepped most of the meat but left two butts to show Good Smoke how to debone and the grinding process….all in all I think we made close to 50lbs of sausage…10 BBQ rub, 10 Greek, 10 Italian, and 20 Polish and I’ve got 10lbs left over we are going to make patties out of…..After the sausage was made we had the shrimp and mudbug boil, and Brian fired up the RK to taste test some of the sausage….The kids played nice together and were pretty dirty by the days end….and so were the dads…JP stopped by to do some electrical work…always nice to see JP and Jean…
We probably should have gotten more pics..but it was busy
Deboning the Butt

Sausage

Lunch/Dinner

A few adult bevs were consumed as well.
Tommarow work begins on the smokehouse.

Yeah thats looking good Dave,

How much they charge ya for Crawfish & were they live?

Wow, that pile of munge looked great. You get crawdads with the heads still on....hard to find.
Was that a cook pot inside of the larger pot with water in it? Something like a double boiler?

JB the mudbugs were frozen...all ready cooked...I know but it was the best that I could do....
Rag its a basket that fits inside the pot....big holes let the liquid out ;)

Thanks for the hospitality! Just a fantastic time overall... Shaved years off my learning curve. Guess what we're having for dinner! mmm Italian sausage... :D :D :D

Thanks again,
Brian

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom