Sausage Supply Co.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkin Pork

Senior Cook
Does anyone use or has anyone ever bought supplies from the company "Butcher & Packer"?
If so, what do you think about them?

I sent a PM to Witt asking him, but he must of fallen asleep at his sausage stuffer.

Never bought nothing off of em..but they highly legit and very proud of their stuff. Whut you looking to buy if you dont mind a person being nosey of course:)

bigwheel

I have used them to buy a few things. Be aware of the shipping costs to maximize your order in your benefit as far as shipping costs. I was happy.

Casings, spices, additives, general sausage making supplies.
I think their price are really good compared to everyone else.
Just crossing my T's and dottin my I's before I start placing an order.

Thanks Damar, appreciate the reminder on the shipping cost.

Nope haven't gotten anything from them...I hate paying shipping and seeing how the Sausage Maker is a 10min drive and the people there take good care of me....

Oh that right Witt, I forgot you got your sausage supplier at your back door ... opps....that didn't come out right....did it? :shock:

And what's the "B" in Wittdog's B stand for??? "BOSS" :LOL:

I'll tell ya what though, for thoughs who have to order ..... if you watch and maximize your order with the shipping, you can save money with Butcher & Packer from what I see and can figure.

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
Gots one down in the city. Go there all there all the time.

What language is that?
City language 8)

4.gif

I tend to use several places depending on whut I'm looking for. I dont think a place that sells grinders and guts is necessarily the best place for spices. There are a lot of spice supply places out in the world who have great spices but dont have the other stuff. Give these folks a peek if you aint already. Have bought a bunch of stuff from them. They generally fairly hard to beat on cases.

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/index.php

Spices and additives I vote for Joe Ames. He has cases too. Not sure on the comparison prices. Fortunantly I found a place to buy guts locally and I dont use many additives. Now I like his Amesphos..really keeps the sausage moist.

http://www.theingredientstore.com

bigwheel

Northsmoke said:
Casings, spices, additives, general sausage making supplies.
I think their price are really good compared to everyone else.
Just crossing my T's and dottin my I's before I start placing an order.

Thanks Damar, appreciate the reminder on the shipping cost.

I just checked out Sutten Bay, nice place I may give them a try one day for something or other.

However, I still feel Butcher & Packer is the best place for spices, here what I figure mathmatically. :scratch

These are the figures broken down into oz's for whole fennel seed.

Allied Kenco sells for .46 cents per Lb
Sausage Maker = .42
Sutten Bay = .44
Penzey's = .38
Butcher & Packer = .13

Now how can you go wrong with that and as far as shipping goes you can put a lot of spices in that box to maximize that order and really make it worth it.

Call me cheap, but I know how to shop and buy. [smilie=icon_deal.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom