Propane smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Anyone ever use one of these for sausage making? It says that the target temp is 170*.

http://www.trailmasteroutdoors.com/prod ... b=&type=63

G-4850.jpg

Went back and re-read that old post. Dang you a lucky dawg to find that thing for 35 bucks:) I betta start ducking by Wally World and see if I can find one of them thangs laying around for that price. They was still mighty proud of em around here last I check. Course I can purty well duplicate the mechanics of the operation in Fred's upright. I got a Januine official Lazy Q burner off of Big Jim from Floriddy a few years back and aint never got around to hooking it up yet. It a very cute stubby high pressure burner with metal feet and a flexible copper hose which keep you from having to stick rubber propane hoses into a hot pit. I think it just be a matter of scooting it in the bottom of the upright to get this show on the road. Whutcha think?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Went back and re-read that old post. Dang you a lucky dawg to find that thing for 35 bucks:) I betta start ducking by Wally World and see if I can find one of them thangs laying around for that price. They was still mighty proud of em around here last I check. Course I can purty well duplicate the mechanics of the operation in Fred's upright. I got a Januine official Lazy Q burner off of Big Jim from Floriddy a few years back and aint never got around to hooking it up yet. It a very cute stubby high pressure burner with metal feet and a flexible copper hose which keep you from having to stick rubber propane hoses into a hot pit. I think it just be a matter of scooting it in the bottom of the upright to get this show on the road. Whutcha think?

bigwheel

Friend of mine does his smokin in an old stand up freezer... he uses an old electric hot plate cooker thingie in the bottom. he made some pretty good bacon and ham in that thing.

I think propane in your upright would do fine....take some pics and show your handywork when you get around to converting it. I think any kind of "homemade" cooker is cool.

Man SJ you rekindled my memory banks.
My Grandpa's neighbor used to smoke( He used to smoke hams I think. Grandpa is gone so I don't know for sure. I was just a youngin') using an old fridge.
You have to wonder about the poisonous metals though :shock:

Puff said:
My Grandpa's neighbor used to smoke( He used to smoke hams I think. Grandpa is gone so I don't know for sure. I was just a youngin') using an old fridge.

:scratch could that be why he barks like a dog and turn in circles every 10 feet when walking? [smilie=huh.gif] :LOL:

Smokey_Joe said:
Puff said:

:scratch could that be why he barks like a dog and turn in circles every 10 feet when walking? [smilie=huh.gif] :LOL:
:shock: :shock: :LOL:

Smokey_Joe said:
I made some bacon in mine and it worked fineeee

granted it's not the same brand, but design shouldn't be much different

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=6485

Hoping to do sausage sometime in the future
Where are the pics :evil:
Bill you that will work fine if you cant' get the temp below 170* for the early part of the cook..you will just have more shrinkage..the key is to not let the smoker go above 200* that's when the fat starts to liquify and you'll lose some flavor and moisture

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom