Need Pork Bone Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkin Pork

Senior Cook
Hey all you sausage makers out there.

Ever make this stuff where you boil the scrap pork bones with a tiny touch of vinegar and I think water.

You boil it till about 50 -60% deduced and the remaining meat falls of the bone and you mix with a bit of cabbage.

When the mixture cools the proteins solidify and form a somewhat clear jelly (the cloudy white fat is scrapped of the top.)
You end up with a kind of head cheese.

Question: does anyone have a tried and true recipe like this? [smilie=icon_deal.gif]

Witt, and they say you'd eat anything! :shock:

But anyway, the clear jelly that is left is pure meat protein, the white or cloudy goooy stuff is the fat.
If made right,it's is really good.

Also, when you cook a chicken, turkey, beef roast even duck. The next day after all the juices settle and it's nice and cold.
That jelly stuff is top shelf stuff and a good chef will save it and freeze it for use in sauces.
Remember, the clear jelly not the stuff that turn white or cloudy and floats on top.
And it always best to wait till it cools over night and separates.

I think I learned this my secound year of culinary school. [smilie=a_reading.gif]

NorthSmoke they would use the pigs feet to make this and would they would mix it with vinegar..thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom