My First links

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My links

This is a sage with jalapeno and cheese. Used collagen casings, could not get the hog casing on the tube. I don't think I let them soak long enough. Started the smoker at 100 and raised the temp by 20 every 45 min, till the temp was 170. cook to an internal temp of 160 to be safe. Used apple wood for the smoke. They tasted as good as they looked.

Ratio

I used 10lb of meat 25% fat. 3/4 pound of regular cheddar cheese diced to 1/4in cubes. 10 jalapeno's. Used a regular sage recipe with salt. black pepper, cayenne and red pepper flakes for heat. Stuffed in collagen casings.

Gotcha thanks. Sounds like a winner. Not sure on those hog guts being unworkable. Maybe too small to go on the horn? Pal o mine was recently trying to do sheep cases for some narrow gauge stuff and could not get those to work without busting them out using his smallest tube. Nothing wrong with collagen of course but you might take the soaked guts squeeze out the water and stick them in a jar and cover with white vinegar. Makes them slicker than snot and lasts forever with a lid an kept in the ice box. Also takes the stink out of em. Joe Ames taught that trick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom