Loins and Bellies Oh My

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I just took the brisket out of the brine and wanted to smoke something else in the Pork Palace….so after a quick trip to the store…a couple of pork loins and a few bellies….I’ll be smoking some Canadian Bacon and Bellie Bacon along with the Pastrami….As my usual I cut the loins into thirds….2 thirds will be made into pea meal bacon…the other 4 thirds will be smoked….I used maple syrup and brown sugar as my sugars…As always my helpers were on the job helping with the brine and the injection…

The boys knew I was firing up the smokehouse this weekend and they requested that I make some slim jims to along with everything else that I smoking…so we made up a 10lb batch of slim jims and a 10lb batch of snack sticks using my BBQ rub….

The snack sticks are going to go in the smokehouse overnight so they can develop that twang…in the am the bacon (both back and belly) along with the pastrami I did up will join them….

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks great!

Did he say "Well Hellllloooo Ladies!" again? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
That was an instant classic and all on his own...I've got all the basic food groups in the smokeshouse except for beer...pork, beef, and bacon.

Betcha' it's smelling real good around your house right about now.
I have to try the Slim Jims. What kind of casings did you use?

I cheated and used the collegen casings 14mm...I was in a hurry and didn't want to mess with the sheep casings

They have those at the supply place I get hog casings from.
The guy told me they were hard to use. This true?

The snack sticks are done…the initial taste test is they pass with flying colors…I can’t wait to try them tomarrow after the flavors set….BTW I was going for that half dryed look with them…kind of a cross between slim jims and jerky..
There are few pics of the beef ribs we did for dinner and just the boys being boys…they were eating grapes straight off the vine…
Belly Bacon is of and the CB has a way to go..

The Canadian Bacon and Bacon are now sliced…..we are going to have the CB on Bagels for Breakfast….

Pastrami will get cut later

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom