Loins and Bellies Oh My

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pastrami is now sliced…hot pastrami on Rye Sammies tomarrow for lunch….I’m real happy with the way everything came out this weekend…

Dang Witt..looks like you have outdone yourself yet again. All looks highly excellent!! I just love them collagen cases they just a bit mo costly and do not play well with slanted stuffing horns. Think my old pal Big Dave said he had either or was fixing to swear off guts and use collagen exclusively. Tell ya I can't tell much difference twixt the two who both done up right. Biggest warning I got on using is to keep em dry. I follow that advice when I got some.

bigwheel

That Pastomi looks perfect...nice and lean.
How long did you brine it?
That's where I screw up.

Try a Omaha Steaks ice chest. Freeze the goods and water proof it..pack it in regular ice. Tape the seams. Send it bright and early Mon Morn UPS Ground. Should get there in 4 days max and still be frozen. Would venture less than 30 bucks for a coupla smoked briskets..pastramis etc.

bigwheel

wittdog said:
I brined the pastrami for 6 days....
Cliff shipping would cost a ton....somewhere around 100

Nick here is the recipe I used....I combined a couple and tweeked some
Slim Jims
10 pounds Beef/Pork
2 teaspoons Insta Cure 1
2 tablespoons Hot Paprika
6 tablespoons Ground Mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
5 tablespoons seasoned salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 1/2 tablespoons powdered dextrose (u can use regular sugar if you want)
1 1/4 cups fermento
2 teaspoons cayenne
2 teaspoons allspice
1 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cajun seasoning

1. Mix meat and seasonings..stuff into casings

2. Place in smokehouse at 120* to dry the casings

3. Smoke the sticks if desired for 3 hours at 145*

4. Bump the temp up to 165* and pull the sticks off when the internal temp reaches 145*

5. For more tanginess place in smokehouse at 90* for 12-24 hrs...then got to step 3

Cliff H. said:
bigwheel said:
Try a Omaha Steaks ice chest.

That's a great idea....Dave, you purchase the $100-$300 worth of Omaha Steaks, then you can ship me some of your bacon in the cooler. ;)
Cliff you got it wrong..you send me the 100-300 worth of steaks..then I'll send you back the cooler :LOL:

Well we get quite a bit of stuff from Omaha Steaks. Aint really mo expunsive than from the store. They got all kinds of stuff other than steaks too. I got them ice chests laying everywhere if I havent got around to throwing em out yet.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom