Liverwurst

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
Found what looked like a good recipe for liverwurst. I used the liver and heart I had from my butchered pig. I had my wife looking all over for the meat in 3 different freezers. No show. Then I checked the truck. It was still in the front passenger's floor (6 days). What the hell. So, I grind it up with onions, eggs and seasonings and ready to stuff casings.
I did a test cook with a golf ball size sample and it didn't taste right. Too strong a liver flavor and a little bitter. I jacked it around with more seasonings, sugar, butter, etc. No good. So I dumped it.
Thought you were going to get cool pics, eh.
Win some, lose some.

Shucks, no pictures.

I do know that if you left that in the front seat of MY truck for 6 days it would have stuff growing out of it!!!

Okay, here ya go. The first shot was taken with complete confidence that more pics were on the way. The second shot shows the trash can where it wound up. It's in there somewhere.
Hey, the front of a pickup truck is the new dry aging :shock:

http://usera.imagecave.com/Rag/liver/

I've got a good liverwurst recipe..I'll dig up...you got to remember the flavors need to set for a day or two

wittdog said:
I've got a good liverwurst recipe..I'll dig up...you got to remember the flavors need to set for a day or two

I'll leave the trash can sit till Sunday and do a taste test.

Cleglue....you noticed the calendar. I moved it into the shot on purpose. Usually it's under my pillow. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom