Jerky and Pastrami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’ve got some jerky in the smokehouse and a couple of pastramis that have been curing and are ready to smoke…I hung the pastrami in the smokehouse to form the pellicle…and have now moved them to the Big WSM for some smoke and cooking….the temps for the jerky in the smokehouse would be to low for the Pastrami…

I'm sure envious of your smokehouse. If I ever get as serious about it as you are I might consider one. Do your have a recipe you'll share for your pastrami brines/ rubs :?: :?: :?:

The thin jerky is off…and man does it taste good…I forgot how good this stuff is….it might have to much of a kick for the wife and the kids…

A couple of more hours on the thicker stuff…
Pastrami has had enough smoke and its time for the Texas Crutch to finish up the cooking process….

It smelling good….can’t wait for dinner later in the week and some hash on the weekend..

monty3777 said:
Looks great. How's that proscuitto (sp?) coming along?
Out of sight out of mind....I did check it the other day and its drying...another 9 months and its done :shock: :LOL:

Well Witt..sounds like ya done good as usual. Now since this is a family oriented type place not sure it be a good idear to be mentioning the Pellecle or a lack thereof. If you get my drift..wink wink:) I think kids should learn about that kinda bizness like most of the rest of us learned it..which was from other kids. Just a word to the wise so to speak.

bigwheel

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
As always, great job Dave. Did you take something to the garage when you picked up your buggies? ;) :LOL:

Pigs
Still down one....hopefully it will be back tomarrow :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom