I made me some bratwurst.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Missing Link

Sous Chef
I got to make me some sausage this weekend it was a lot of fun. I did not know what to expect when I start this. The casing did not fell anything like I was thinking it was going to fell there were no weird smell. The only thing I had problem with was the stuffing it started out a lot slower than what I was expecting I had a few blow out but worked around them and than when I went to make links I noticed I over stuffed the first batch. Now to the taste it was good but needs some work, I will need to add a little hear and there should be able to get it right the next time. Thanks all of you who help. Wittdog thanks for all your help.

, , , , , ,

I found that out when i was trying to put them on but it was a lot of fun i have some more rereading to do in my great recipe and meat curing book. but it was fun and a big learning curve. :LOL:

I had a lot of fun starting something new in the world of barbecue. I had some more sausage today and the flaver was a lot better today than yesterday. I got a new recipe and will be trying to make some this weekend.

Thanks for l the commets and the help.
Missing Link.

img2656jpg01wq9.th.jpg
img2662jpg05if5.th.jpg

Is it just coincidence that your shirt and plate are coordinated, or is this part of the sausage-making method? :P

--John 8)
(Witt, do you do that too? ;) )

Hey Link..those look good..and it looks like your well equipped and motivated. Those are both highly good attributes for a sausage maker. Will give you one tip on the guts I picked up from Joe Ames. Get yourself about a quart sized mason jar and fill it about half up with white vinegar. Night before your gonna stuff get your guts all rinsed out good..squeeze as much water out as you can and dunk em in the vinegar...top it off with mo vinegar put the lid on it..and put it in the ice box over night. Next day do your thank. If you got leftover guts sling out the water put em the jar and into the icebox they go. They will keep forever and it will make them slicker than semen on a gold tooth. Also get some of that dead pig smell off em..make em harder to bust and easier to stuff. Give you a nice bite to the finished cases if the other parameters be correct. You also gonna need a decent brat recipe. I post you one over in the recipe section if it aint there already. They called Bigwheel's Lonesome Yankee Brats. I make em for some yankee pals down here. They claim it much mo betta than whut they ever got up in the frozen tundras of the North. Now Texas folks dont usually like brats ya know? Way too wimpy for natives:)

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom