Easter Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Had fun last night. I miss my electric grinder. This jazz was all ground with the hand cranker. Tasty indeed.

img_236428_0_55809f1314569846d8988056401b62f3.jpg

wittdog said:
Looks good Pigs

Grandpa Jumbo comes threw again! I wanted to smoke some, but Val wanted all fresh to give to friends and family. That's okay, building mileage for a new electric grinder. I hate going to the sausage maker store, as I tend to spend way too much cash. :LOL:

Pigs

bbquzz said:
Have you been taking lessons from Dave? :mrgreen: It looks wonderful Pigs!
No, but Dave has given me some great advice over the years. We always made sausage on the farm when I was growing up. Greatgrandpop had a sausage shop in Buffalo for about fifty years.(corner of Farmer and Gorton) I always think about him and his shop around this time of year as it was busy as hell and he worked many hours to fill orders. Many new words were learned in that shop. :LOL: My job was to pull totes of seasoned ground meat to be stuffed. I can still hear" GD,SOB,Get that F-ing meat out here!" :LOL: Sad that all his recipes were destroyed as his request when he passed away.

Pigs

Smokey Lew said:
Looks great pigs. What kind of sausage is it? Would you share the recipe?

It's Wittdogs grandfather's recipe.

Grandpa Jumbo’s Polish Sausage
Fresh
10 lbs ground pork
2 cups ice water
4 Tb Non Iodized Salt
1 Tb Sugar
2 Tb Black Pepper
2 Tb Garlic
1 tea Marjoram
1 tea ground Allspice

Smoked
1 Cups Soy Protein
2tsp instacure No 1
1 tea paprika

The smoked sausage contains all of the fresh ingredients and then the rest listed.

Place sausage in smokehouse preheated to 120*. Keep for an hour or until casing are dry.
Gradually raise temp of smokehouse to 165* Apply heavy smoke for about 4hrs.
Continue to cook sausage until the sausage’s internal temp is 152*
Remove from smokehouse and cool with cold water until internal temp is 110* Allow to bloom till desired color is reached.
Place in Fridge overnight. Then cook or vac pac

Add or subtract goodies as you go. I always add more Marjoram. Do the recipe and a tester in a pan to see what adjustments (if any) are needed. This recipe is a killer, and a keeper.
Thanks Dave!

Pigs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom